Reach CQC helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

torsoboy

I've started on a new 3D model from Halo Reach: the CQC helmet. This one looks like it'll be an easier pep than the HAZOPs helmet I did some days back.

Today I really just got the dome modeled, and then I've also started on the ear sections.

cqcprogress02.jpg

Man plz stop that modelling madness, you gonna give me a heart attack your helmet are just to much awesome.

Pat

Wow, so far that looks spot on! If you need some help with the unfolding, feel free to let me know. Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing where this goes and what you try your hand at next!!

I've been working on building up the back. The back on this helmet is relatively simple from a modeling perspective. Just a bunch of bevels. And by "a bunch," I mean 2 or 3.

cqcprogress06.jpg

I've also started cleaning up some of the messy areas. Compare this area to the same area in the previous picture:

cqcprogress07.jpg

And starting to add details to the face:

cqcprogress08.jpg

So I can't ignore it now, this helmet has a face. The forehead vents are the eyes, the little center forehead detail is the nose, and the visor is the mouth. The completed helmet even has teeth (two up top, one down on the bottom). I wonder if they knew that when they designed it? It's not really noticeable on the skinned 3D model because of the black forehead, but on this raw 3D model all I see is a face. LOL.

Awesome work dude!
It looks better then that HAZOP helmet. Seriously. :D

Thanks! I'm working toward cleaner models. If you're referring to the messiness of the HAZOPs helmet, I suppose I would explain it by the sheet complexity of the helmet itself. The HAZOPs has some funky stuff going on in the jaw area, and it just can't be avoided. Of course, the way Rhino3D displays polygons doesn't exactly help it either (a polygon is shown with the center lines on it, making it look like 4-6 smaller polygons), but it is kind of a messy helmet by nature.

This CQC is definitely cleaner, but it has it's messy spots. If you'll notice, immediately behind the visor, where it meets the ear is actually recessed back into the ear piece. That area is kind of messy. it can be cleaned up, but it can't be ignored. That's really the only messy area, though.

Crap now I see a face now I have to use a new helm for my build I am going to do. Looks good, I am still going to make it once it is unfolded.

If you want, I could try to unfold this one :p
And I'll also try to unfold the HAZOP. :)
I could prolly make an ODST/S-111 hybrid XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back