Reach for the ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDigitalFix

Hi everybody, i just finished modeling out a hand full of female spartan armor pieces for my good friend HaloGoddess and i thought, why not post them for everyone to use?

So here i am, sharing.....

The torso is a modified version of rundown's, but everything else was made completely by me.

2r5uq8j.jpg

Torso Model

kb2hd.png

Bicep Model
Unfolded + Modified by HaloGoddess

f3bby0.png

Belt Model
Unfolded + Modified into one piece by HaloGoddess

359c0aa.png

Thigh Model
Unfolded by HaloGoddess

30bljk5.png

Shin Model
Unfolded by HaloGoddess

Enjoy! :cool

YAY Bunig! You finally posted! hehe

Oh, and so you know, none of these files are unfolded yet, but I am currently working on unfolding them.

The belt has been seperated into 4 pieces, but I made some slight adjustments and connected everything and added support brackets and am working on unfolding it now since I need it too! :D

wow, nice files!
kat is on my list of builds so this is amazing :D
now for the real challenge of scratch building that robo arm :p

thanks TheDigitalFix, awesome work !

nat

These looks great! Glad someone took this on! Looks like you got the curves to match the ingame very well and got most of the great details! Good job!!

Pretty soon everything here will be unfolded. :D

Since I need the stuff myself, I am just unfolding everything. But if someone wants to try unfolding something too, go ahead. :) It will just make my job easier. :p

Pretty soon everything here will be unfolded. :D

Since I need the stuff myself, I am just unfolding everything. But if someone wants to try unfolding something too, go ahead. :) It will just make my job easier. :p

Glad to see these coming out, my friend will need them and I will be trying to mold them. HaloGoddess I would like to get in contact with you to see if as I mold pieces if you would like casts of them. I will be working on many different pieces for friends and trying to rush for release just as many of us are doing at this particular moment probably. Let me know.

These look fantastic. Thanks for the models, now I just need to convince my girlfriend that doing a Reach suit is a good idea...

Also, if you need any unfold help, let me know.

Wow! I've been dreaming about building some armor for a while now, and with female Spartans having different armor in Reach, I'm stoked to give it a shot. Making a Kat-suit (hehe) would be too cool.

I'll definitely be checking back for unfolded versions. I'd love to help do it - and will probably dink around with it but haven't gotten the hang of this pepakura software yet... is that what you all use? Or do you unfold it in a more complex 3d software like maya or max then import it?

Thanks for sharing!
-Liz

Wow! I've been dreaming about building some armor for a while now, and with female Spartans having different armor in Reach, I'm stoked to give it a shot. Making a Kat-suit (hehe) would be too cool.

I'll definitely be checking back for unfolded versions. I'd love to help do it - and will probably dink around with it but haven't gotten the hang of this pepakura software yet... is that what you all use? Or do you unfold it in a more complex 3d software like maya or max then import it?

Thanks for sharing!
-Liz

The unfolding work is all done in pepakura. However, in order to even save your work, you HAVE to buy a license key for pepakura which is $30.

Anyway, here is the bicep piece unfolded..........SMOOTH unfolded. :p I also made a small edit to the top piece that sticks up because upon further inspection of my references, I noticed that it IS slightly curved to follow the shape of the shoulder more.

Kat Bicep:

http://www.4shared.com/file/3V46eeb8/KatBicep_SmoothUnfold.html

I am now working on the thigh and should have that posted later this evening. :)

Wow these files are really great. In particular the chest peice, i believe it is the most acurate ive seen. Really looking forward to building it.:D

Well, there were a few things I wanted to add to the chest piece and a few other things I wanted to edit. I used both the in game and live action version for references so it's sort of a mixture of both. XD haha

I think it looks pretty good. :)

PLEASE NOTE: The pieces on the back should be used as a template so that you can cut something else out to give it the layered look like the actual version. I also recommend looking at a picture of how the back looks so that you can properly create the little layered piece at the bottom.

Also, the seperate pieces at the top on the neck collar area are made to be "sunken in" to the collar and the piece on the very front of the chest piece should not be sunken in. A piece of carboard might be too thick for that piece, but that is just my opinion. :p hehe

Well, here is the new chest piece. Originally by TheDigitalFix, just edited by me A LOT! haha It is NOT yet unfolded, but is already prepped for a smooth unfold. :)

http://www.4shared.com/file/4Wa-4O4i/Kat_Torso_NeckCollar.html

EDIT: Okay, so I got around to unfolding it. Helmets and chest pieces are the only 2 types of models that I hate unfolding. XD They take forever. Mostly because when I unfold, I try to make sure that it is pep friendly.

http://www.4shared.com/file/4uthGZ6Y/Kat_Torso_NeckCollar_Unfold.html

Enjoy. :)

Well, here is the new chest piece. Originally by TheDigitalFix, just edited by me A LOT! haha It is NOT yet unfolded, but is already prepped for a smooth unfold. :)

http://www.4shared.com/file/4Wa-4O4i/Kat_Torso_NeckCollar.html

EDIT: Okay, so I got around to unfolding it. Helmets and chest pieces are the only 2 types of models that I hate unfolding. XD They take forever. Mostly because when I unfold, I try to make sure that it is pep friendly.

http://www.4shared.com/file/4uthGZ6Y/Kat_Torso_NeckCollar_Unfold.html

Enjoy. :)
I am truly impressed at your modeling skills. The height of the collar is spot on, IMO and it's beautiful. If the torso was proportioned for a guy, I would use your edit in a heartbeat. :) You should modeling other armors, too.

I am truly impressed at your modeling skills. The height of the collar is spot on, IMO and it's beautiful. If the torso was proportioned for a guy, I would use your edit in a heartbeat. :) You should modeling other armors, too.
Well, I'm not that good when it comes to modeling. As of right now, I can edit models, I just can't actually build it yet. I'm hoping that the more I edit models, I may start to learn and will eventually start building my own models! :D

However, I DID build the toe piece for Kat's boot. It could REALLY use some cleaning up and it was built to work off the boot armor that Ruze made.

HaloGoddess!
that is one sexy looking chest piece! i seriously cant wait to start building it..
amazing, seriously amazing :D
haha after seeing that chest i bet your boot toe looks fine!

Halogoddess
first i would like to complement your work, its truely amazing.
and second im a compleat noob when it comes to the scale of these models, so if you could give me any kind of help as to what size your chest peice is, it would be really great .

i was wondering what are the measurements for the chest piece and the hips. because i started making the hip piece. and it ended up being big on me. and i cant resize the pieces. i was wondering if someone could help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back