Square-Enix Halo Reach L.E. Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree.
I bought 3 McFarlane figures which were already broken or if I tried to move them, it would break completely.
wasn't happy at all :(

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!
MY little bro waited for 2 months for his Rookie fig, it was continuously backordered, when it finally got here he pulled it out, as he pulled it out the SMG snapped, the arms fell off and the neck snapped. This was happening as I was opening a recon fig in the condition of ithica's armor in this vid

Last edited by a moderator:
omg 0_0
that's horrible, when he showed the first shin, I actually went.
WHAAAT!
I think I should stick to high detail models and figures, I'm sure they'll rack up in value over time versus McFarlane :p

Yeah... thats what the shin on my recon looked like, it seemed like a 3 year old painted it, and the shin that looked good was the left shin... BUT IT WAS A RIGHT ONE!!!!! there were two right shins and two left feet, it came with two magnums that didnt fit in the hands...
McFarlane's halo figs have gone down the toilet

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!
MY little bro waited for 2 months for his Rookie fig, it was continuously backordered, when it finally got here he pulled it out, as he pulled it out the SMG snapped, the arms fell off and the neck snapped. This was happening as I was opening a recon fig in the condition of ithica's armor in this vid

I can relate.....my buck figure's head literally exploded in on it self when I tried to put the helmet on....I fixed the head..though needless to say I'll never try again!

my Cyan H:CE 11 inch Master Chief non-battle damaged is still good from when I was 9..NINE FOR CRY'IN OUT LOUD WTF is up with the current figs??

..EXTORTION!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta agree, McFarlane's toys have gone down the crapper fairly quickly. I've given them lots of chances and sometimes I gotta make the repairs myself. My first was an EOD spartan and the left wrist snapped and so did the SMG. I took it back and got a new one and found out he had two left hip joints! A lot of my Spartans suffer from QC issues of wrong parts, bad paint apps and frail joints.

However I did get the new Reach figures from McFarlane and they weren't bad. But after seeing what Square Enix has out I gotta say HELL YEAH!

Price wise, probably 50 bucks a pop. The only place you can really get SE figures are at ToysRUs and a select few other retailers, mostly online stuff though. I think the toys are generally 8.4 inches tall give or take. So they'll be pretty good size and have some good articulation. Not as much as McFarlanes who usually average 22-28 points, I think SE announced these will have 20 points.
BUT WHO THE F CARES! DETAIL IS INCREDIBLE!

Just thought I would update this!!

Vol1: Jun, Emile, Six
Vol2: Carter, Kat, Jorge
Pics have been released.
5006637804_1d151edc74_m.jpg
5006637928_7f9a185e85_m.jpg
5006025971_14dbffa929_m.jpg

5006026129_f1f59f3bdd_m.jpg
5006638070_dde5978881_m.jpg
5006025537_5af202da7c_m.jpg

Approximate height (Noble Six) is 28cm, figures are scaled.

These figures are awesome. I have been using them alot for reference in my armor.. I was really bummed with the Mcfarlane ones.. Looked great in photos but every store I go to see them the paint jobs were sloppy.

Forgot to throw this link in here a couple weeks ago, Kotaku had a pretty nice production gallery of Wave2 - Kat, Carter and Jorge.

http://kotaku.com/5669452/get-up-close-with-halo-reachs-fancy-action-figures/gallery/

Carter is the one figure I want and also the one helmet they managed to completely mess up. The proportions are screwy and the mouth area is too narrow, looks like a snout.

the "snout" on the "Commando" helmet for Carter IS in the game but it is stubbier than the Square Enix figure snout....

from looking at the references that I have of that helmet it looks like the figure's helmet should be a bit wider and stubbier.

BUT yes I agree than they somewhat mismade the helmet for Carter Ruze.

Jun mostly annoyed me in the game with his chatter, but his figure looks amazing. I might actually drop the $50 on that...

These figures are great, but they seem a bit....undersized. They just seem a bit on the skinny side. Heck, even Jorge is pretty thin when in the game, he's an absolute tank!

Ohhh I have teh Kat! : )
If it didn't have so much sentimental value to it I'd open it and actually check it out. But alas, it's too precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back