Dutch ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfitjh

Well on top of my MC outfit I started a Dutch outfit as well, so here is the resined helm ready for glassing.
dscf3351.jpg

By misfitjh I'm hoping to have both costumes done by Halloween of next year. Also if any one out there has some good shots of Dutch's helmet paint scheme could you possible send them my way all the shots I can find he's standing in the back of the group and I can't see him very well or they are to small to see any detail. Thanx for checking this out.

sweet helm!
aha did you fix the little stretching part at the chin area? i had to do the same :p

just type in dutch odst on google images and there is tons of reference for him :D

nat

Thank you Ace and Indigo, I just put the second coat of resin on it tonight. Going to glass it tomorrow. I rondoed the inside of my Master Chief so I'm going to try fiberglass on this one.

Hey, where did you get this file?
I searched on 4shared, and I only found one, but it doesn't look like yours....
Could you please post a link?
Or if you can't, then could you e-mail the file to kallish32@hotmail.com
Please?
Thank you, I would be really happy and grateful :)

looks good!

i really stuffed up my helmet so i might get a helmet off the internet but i reckon the rest of the suit will be easy for me!

Just a quick update, I've almost got the inside fiberglassed but I ran out of brushes. Just got a new box today (72 brushes for $33 delivered WOW) so I will finish it off this weekend and post some new pics.

Ok so here is the finished Fiberglass. Finally got the inside done and trimmed the opening a little and what do you know it still fits on my pumpkin. YAAAAAA lol I was a little worried it might not fit. I also started sanding down the outside to see where all the flaws are. I've got a few areas to fix but all in all it's not to bad for 65 lbs paper. So here is the inside which has a three layer weave of Fiberglass. The weave allows me to do all three layers at the same time.
dscf3367.jpg

By misfitjh

Ok so here is a quick update. Been doing the bondo and shaping trying to get the ridge detail.
dscf3369.jpg

By misfitjh
dscf3372.jpg

By misfitjh
While doing this I've also been studding for exams,classes, a Spartan Laser, a new Master Chief helmet and restoring a car. You know what they say " I'll sleep when I'm dead". Thanx for checking this out, comments and tips are always welcome.

I've almost got the inside fiberglassed but I ran out of brushes. Just got a new box today (72 brushes for $33 delivered WOW) so I will finish it off this weekend and post some new pics.

mmm you can save money .. I leave my brush in thinner/acetone soaking after applying resin, so I can reuse the brush many times... well not forever, but don't spend so many brushes

Misfit, I was wondering if you could make a helmet for me. I don't have any trade, and I really can't afford to pay for it..... but uhmmm... donations are apprieciated.....
I want a paintball mask, and GOD knows a true Halo fan won't settle for anything less than Recon.... but I can't make it myself. I really am working on it, but I haven't even gotten cardstock for Pep. At least if you can't *GIVE* me a helm then I get one more post to push me closer to Veteran... yay....... *sigh* I wish people gave away free Recon helmets......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back