Dutch ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok been awhile since I posted but I've been working my butt off to get this together, plus I had to move this past summer so it took me awhile to set up the new work area. So I've used mostly Hugh Holder's files for this with a few of Kirrou's files to make it my own. Also I build Dutch's back pack for this one but I'm not sure who's file it is so if any one knows feel free to post it. I believe the modelers and the unfolders should be praised for all the hard work they do for us. Oh also this is not a Hugh helmet as well, again not sure who modeled or UN-folded it. So on with the pics.
DSCF4024.jpg

DSCF4023.jpg

DSCF4022.jpg

DSCF4021.jpg

DSCF4020.jpg

DSCF4019.jpg

DSCF4018.jpg

DSCF4017.jpg

DSCF4016.jpg

DSCF4015.jpg

DSCF4014.jpg

Just have the boot covers to make once I get the boots I want and I have a few ideas I want to try for splitting the parts. Once I get the parts I need and try it out to see if it works I'll post some pics. As usual comments and advice are always welcome. Thank you for stopping by to check out my build.

I'm not really sure if you can necro your own thread, but welcome back regardless! I'm going to start a Dutch-esque build myself starting in January (real life and holidays in the way from geeking out), it's nice to see another one on here three years after the game release.

After seeing your first helmet (read through the whole thing thinking a n00b like me replied at the end) I'm sure this will be a good build. Just make sure the sizes are right, especially on the shin armor and you're good to go!

Thanks... ya I don't think you can necro your own posts because money and time are always in short supply so it could be months between posts.

I'm using the Dutch armor as a base but doing my own twists to make it more my own. I'm still doing my Spartan armor but I;m a big guy and the ODST is more flexible for some one my size. The shins are good, the only thing I seem to have trouble sizing is the helms. The first one I built was the right size as is but once I add padding it was to small so I built one bigger.

What format are you going to use for your suit, fiber glass or foam? Going with fiber glass myself. Now that most of this is ready for fiber glass it's on to weapons.

So just a little update as to what's going on. With the weather so crappy I've been unable to use my garage, sssooo I've been doing some pepping. I figure every ODST needs a weapon, or two.
DSCF4027_zps653e2672.jpg
and started an MA-37 as well
DSCF4025_zpsc0a081bf.jpg
DSCF4026_zpsc72f374a.jpg

Looking great man! That pep is super clean. Seriously, great job, looks like there were a few tiny, fiddly bits on it.

Thanks squishy, ya there are a few tight spots that are a pain. I'm hoping they wont be to much of a bother when I rondo it. After I get it all cleaned up and looking fine before I paint it I might try my hand at molding one of the small parts, if it goes ok then I might do the hole gun. Have to see how thing roll and money flows before I go that far.

Looks like it's all shaping up very nicely....all of the pep work looks great buddy!! Kudos on the pep weapon build.

-Matt

Amazing pep work, some of the most crisp lines and folds I've seen. Can't wait to see it in the next phase!

Thanks every one for the kind words and encouragement. As soon as the weather turns and spring hits it's into the garage for some resin and bondo work. Sssooo can't wait for winter to be over. I'm hoping to have this suit and a weapon done for August and Fan expo in Toronto Canada. So while winter rages on I'm trying to get everything I for this suit pepped.

Hey everyone it's been a while since I posted anything. Real life tends to get I the way like that. But I'm back some what and first off let me say. Love the new look of the site. Very well done. I've been working on 2 ODST costumes for the up coming Fanexpo here in Toronto Canada. And I'm almost done, just some minor fitting to do and both my daughter's costume and mine will be done in time this year. But as a sneek peek I'll post a few.pics of my helm so you can get an idea.IMG_20140807_234227_zps8bd9363a.jpgcom photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back