Mixed ODST Armor Wip by harican89

Status
Not open for further replies.

harican89

Hey dudes, iam new in the 405th community and i started the master chief mark VI helmet first, to test the paper i used and my skills in folding.

now iam starting a project of an odst armour which i show you step by step.
tipps for the whole project are wellcome and usefull.

first of all... here ist my odst rookie helmet folded out of the model from rundown.

the odst rookie helmet
1. day after 5 hours

2. day after 7 hours

3. day after 6,5 hours (finished)

the whole time, i used the television or movies like matrix to level up my motivation.
after i finished i think that the helmet is to big... the hole at the bottom seems to be to small, but the the helmet seems to be hughe.

by the way,... i tried the markVI helmet with normal glue, but now i used hot glue... the helmet looks way better thatn the old one and the drytime way better.

i got the resin yesterday and try to resin a trash pice of my armor...
now iam start resin the helmet and finished a new shoulder for the armor. this time i peped an other model which looks better.

here the images:

the helmet on the picture isnt the right helmet... this is the helmet which was to huge, so i peped an other one.

Today, i finished the torso. the middle stomach pad and the chestplate.
the helmet and the chestplate are resined.
yesterday i recognized that the shoulder pieces which are unresined, soaked water and are now 6 pieces of crap.
now i have to fold the shoulders again...

the parts are unresin and the helmet isnt the right one

okay here are some new pics of my project.
i start to smooth the helmet and folded an SMG..

imag0246p.jpg

imag0253j.jpg

imag0258.jpg

imag0259.jpg

imag0262w.jpg

today i finished the painting of an trash chestplate.
this is only fore the color check but it looks nice... only the brown/sand color is terrible, because it has an structure which is like sand on a piece of paper. thats the reason why the white color soaked into the brown painted parts.

imag0265.jpg

the whole process up to here coast 1 month of my time (not worktime)

i bought the visor for the helmet, and try diffrent methods to cut and flex it into the shape of the helmet.
tomorrow i used one of the visor to test a method of a heatgun to form the visor in the odst shape. when this wont work, i cut it in 2 parts like the most of the users.

imag0271k.jpg

imag0272h.jpg

imag0276.jpg
imag0286.jpg

by the way. i used this cargo vest to wear my armor after the finish
102631_0.jpg

next update coming soon[/IMG]

i use "Resinpal 1706" its an "no-name" resin from germany... but i think you can purchause it in the usa too...
the german website is here

by the way... there are diffrent types of resin which have diffrent viscosity characteristics. (the color is the most striking feature)

Great work so far. Awesome pep job on the helmet along with the resigning it look really clean. can't wait to see the rest of the armor.
good luck.

great work, what pep file did you use for the smg?

i used the Final ODST m7 SMG. this is a mix out of the high detail (which is useless, because you cant bring the details on after resin, bondo and sanding...) and the low detail. i found it after i tried to mixed it myself.

Here is an update ... the helmet looks clear and smooth, but there are a few spots i have to smooth again...yesterday i finally bought the extra fine putty in the carshop.
today i begin to fixed the missed spots and then comes an update with the painting process ;)

imag0295s.jpg

imag0296n.jpg

as you can see i add the details on the helmet (carved lines at the top of of helmet... they are very smooth and i hope the spray paint dont fill the details up)

Very solid work, from pep to smoothing.
Hope to see your project painted, and as good as every step before it

i tried 4 diffrent paint brands and i think i found the correct one ;)
i sped over 30€ to find one color for 3€/can :D

the base color wouldnt be the problem... but the finish with the emblems and logos are the problem ;) but i want to make this kind of perfect.

An helmet update... i have to sand it more because i used some "finish" bondo because of the little damages in the surface. then i can start the painting process...

i folded some new gauntlets and start to pep a new torso... this time the hd torso, instead of the low detail and crappy weta torso.

i also folded the Kirrou ODST Shoulders because these are an single piece model. its easier to fix them together after resin and bondo... but this process will be a little harder than before.

i hope you like this work... by the way i folded the two gauntlets and the two shoulders yesterday... and i need the whole day (inclusive diner and so on..) to pep the bottom back piece of the torso... but i really love the result ;)

Very awesome work on the pep!

btw, how do you get those "lines" on the front of the ODST helm, after applying bondo (or bondo equivalent)?

btw, how do you get those "lines" on the front of the ODST helm, after applying bondo (or bondo equivalent)?

i used a triangle file to carve the lines inside the bondo layer and the resin layer... but i have a few problems because i filed through the layer of resin and make a hole to an airbubble in the resin layer. i had to fixed it with some more bondo ,... but after that i filed the cave again. after this process i used a small rectangle file to get the final result...

but i used the rookie helmet, which already has these lines...

at the painting process i use chrome to hightlight the carved lines and cover these with tap before i will spray the base color. but i will make a video of the painting process ;)

a new update...

i folded round about 7 hours inclusive to cut the pieces out. but i finished the hd torso... here some pics of the work process:

btw ... iam out of cardstock... on monday i will buy an other package of 250 sheets

ive fixed the problem... hope you all like my peps... this is annoying but the easiest step of building the armor :D you can watch tv or somethink like that instead of spending time to sand lots of hours :D

btw:
the hd torso give you lots of experiences because you have to repair so many flaps... the whole top piece is warping in the process... but with some tricks i fixed the issue and i think with some bondo it will be better than the low detal from the weta armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back