Pendy's N6 and Ma37 wip (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendy

I started on the N6 helmet 2 or 3 weeks ago. It's the first pep that I've actually used. I had previously pepped a ld AR and ODST helm but switched to cardboard due to time and material constraints. I haven't decide yet whether I'm going to make the entire N6 armor. As for the build, it's gone fairly smooth. Minimal warping on the helm. The nv/range visor is a little warped, but I plan on changing that any way since, to me, it looks plain. To harden the helmet I used smoothcast 300 instead of fiberglass. Much faster and user friendly. Sorry for the lack of previous update pics. It still needs a little spot putty and sanding work before it gets its final paint job.

The Ma37 was made out of, I think is 1/4in, foamboard. I scaled it down to either 75-80% of the original size because sadly I'm not 7ft tall. Also I originally planned on making it semi-functioning with a spring loaded magazine, ejector, bolt, charging handle, magazine catch and release, as well as a partially functioning trigger assembly. The fact that the gun wouldn't actually be firing a round made the improvisation of parts not worth it. Instead it'll have a spring loaded trigger and bolt assembly. I ordered an led ammo counter from a member whose name I currently can't remember. I have to wait for that to arrive before I can really make any more progress on the gun.

I would like to have the helmet done by the end of next week (before school starts :angry ). Timeline isn't as strict for the Ma37.

IMG_3365-1.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3374-1.jpg

IMG_3376-1.jpg

IMG_3375-1.jpg

WOW, awesome start to your N6 armor. The helmet looks great and really clean. Also the Ma37 looks just amazing so far. Great job and keep it up.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, and Tyvern, I honestly don't know. It was just a foam board that I picked up at the local art store. I always thought styrene was a kind of plastic. The stuff I'm using is not the sturdiest material ever, and it does require to be layered in order to support its weight. Anyways, I redid the nv visor as well as added some details with foamies and then added some bondo. I made the sad discovery that during the pepping stage, I folded the upper right portion of the helmet in instead of out around the elongated-divot detail at the top, so it sticks in farther on the right side. It's not outstandingly noticeable, but it bothers me to no end. I layered a healthy amount of bondo on that side but the divot is significantly deeper on the right side. Regardless, I'm pleased with how it's turning out. Please comment and constructively criticize. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The right side (notice the excessive bondo along the top)
IMG_3393.jpg

altered nv/range finder...more minor details to be added later
IMG_3394-1.jpg

left side (top is smoother and rounded out) also have a lot of detail work left on the jaw and chin
IMG_3395.jpg

Before adding the details you should try to get the overall helmet as smooth as possible.

Otherwise you might end up sanding the details away.

Looks really nice in shape already , keep going

So I have gotten a lot of work done over the last couple days. The paint job is underway. I still need to add some details, like the UNSC logos. Also I'm currently working on fitting padding in the helmet. I ordered an urban camo motorcycle padding insert that turned out to be a little smaller than I anticipated. So I'm using a pool noodle to fill in the void. And that is the N6's current status.

IMG_3399.jpg

The shiny thing on the back is a bundle of hot glue strings that I didn't see...so yeah
IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

It's about 90% complete, but school is about to start so I won't finish it for awhile. Got the visor in though so I thought I'd post an update.
IMG_3478-1.jpg

IMG_3479-1.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

Thanks but no I didn't. I don't really have the experience or resources to mold. It still needs some work so maybe done the road I'll give it a shot. Are there any benefits to molding other than if you plan on selling casts?

Ok so it's been awhile since my last update, but I've made a lot of progress with my N6 build (none of it shown) and with the MA37. The trigger is working and in place and I have temporary bolt in as well as finished the final magazine. I some how broke the led counter that I ordered :( so I have to get a replacement, which will pretty much stop all progress until that gets here. As for the N6, I have pepped and plasticed the chest and one bicep. I plan on bondoing and detailing this weekend.
IMG_3585.jpg
IMG_3584.jpg

IMG_3579-1.jpg
IMG_3576-1.jpg

The helmet looks sweet. How did you do the lines on the visor? Can't wait to see the Ma37 finished.

everything is looking great. I'm really impressed with the MA37, it looks really solid.

So are you just tracing out the pep pieces onto foamboard and putting them together or are you just making the pieces yourself?

Thanks for the compliments guys it really helps with the build.
@Tactonyx & Noble XI: I was originally going to dremel in the details but was too afraid that I might mess up even with a guide and didn't want to waste a visor. So instead I masked off the details and spray painted them on. They are actually so thin that when I put the helmet on I can't see them because my eyes focus beyond the lines.

@nrettenmaker: I actually found a side-view image of it on halopedia and made a ratio that was 80% of the actual dimensions of the gun. I used that image and scaled down ratio to make my own parts. I'm kind of stuck though because I can't find any top images of the gun so I'm just going to wait until the 14th so that I have my own personal reference...and the best game ever haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back