Who watches Dr. Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still a noob to Dr. Who, I started watching the 2000's series with me buddy at college, terribly addicting show. My favorite doctor is either Chris or David, Matt the new Doctor is my least favorite, it's been tough to connect with him as the doctor.

Having troubles editing, my favorite quote from this season is "bow ties are cool"

The 1st BBC show I've watched was Red Dwarf and I love it! The humor is as good as it gets for a campy British tv show. Anyone else watch Red Dwarf? Or am I a lone wolf?

Having troubles editing, my favorite quote from this season is "bow ties are cool"

The 1st BBC show I've watched was Red Dwarf and I love it! The humor is as good as it gets for a campy British tv show. Anyone else watch Red Dwarf? Or am I a lone wolf?

YEAH!!!
RED DWARF!! FTW!!

Red dwarf is/was an awesome show.
Rimmer world is the best.

Man, I remember watching the reruns of the old series on ABC when I was like 10. Freaking awesome. The new ones are still cool, but I prefer the classics :3

Also: "OH GAWD NOT THE GREEN BUBBLE WRAP!?"
^Quote if you know what I mean :D

r2-d2-dalek-20100831-160329.jpg

I need to catch up on the last season and a half of Dr Who - haven't seen any of the episodes with the new Doc and haven't seen the last few with Tennant.

I love Doctor Who! I started with Christopher Eccleston, thought he was ok. I loved David Tennant, though. At first I hated Matt Smith, but his character has really started to grow on me. I did feel like the first season was largely wasted potential.

kupokitty said:
BBC is silly.

Have you seen the old made-for-tv-movie adaptation of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? It was from the 70s or 80s, and the talking beavers were the size of bears. I can't think of a better example of classic BBC. . .

I love Doctor Who! I started with Christopher Eccleston, thought he was ok. I loved David Tennant, though. At first I hated Matt Smith, but his character has really started to grow on me. I did feel like the first season was largely wasted potential.

Have you seen the old made-for-tv-movie adaptation of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? It was from the 70s or 80s, and the talking beavers were the size of bears. I can't think of a better example of classic BBC. . .

For a show aimed at younger viewers, that would have scared the crap outta me at that age... that said, mum was always surprised I wasn't scared of the Daleks xD

I had never seen any of the Dr. Who. Then there were several members in my 501st Garrison who watch it religiously, and with it available on netflix watch it now, I have started. Up through the first 9 episodes. Its a great series! I like it!

I had never seen any of the Dr. Who. Then there were several members in my 501st Garrison who watch it religiously, and with it available on netflix watch it now, I have started. Up through the first 9 episodes. Its a great series! I like it!
It just goes to show you that even with a BBC budget, a series can still be epic.

Yes.
Its scary.
Hate netflix a little now.
Yea. but netflix doesnt have very many old episodes.
Really hard to watch the original doctors. :(

I'm starting to really like the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) but David Tennant is still my favorite. I liked the Amy Pond character immediately, though. Must be her red hair and Scottish accent. :D

So is Doctor Who fairly big in America then? I thought it was only well known of here in the UK, seeing as that's where it's always set.

So is Doctor Who fairly big in America then? I thought it was only well known of here in the UK, seeing as that's where it's always set.

I can only speak fr Canada when I say this, but I think the US is similar. The show is Popular amongst a fairly sized group of individuals who watch it frequently. And the rest have never heard of it. There isn't much of a grey area.

I don't know if Canada's history has anything to do with the fact we really like UK shows, but there's a big audience for that kinda stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back