Hollywood's MK VI/ODST WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollywood

Hey gang,
been following, reading, and learning on these forums for a few years now. Havent really posted much since I havent had much to post...
...until now.

Both my Mk VI and ODST projects are well under way and I finally have some progress pics to post. It's pic heavy, and I almost made two seperate threads but figured I would be economical with the megabyte-age.

th_84e847b4.jpg

9e83b32a.jpg

b7bf95d0.jpg

b1046c3a.jpg

2cacd107.jpg

7d7e6a96.jpg

Recon Pep
5f0b6e2b.jpg

Recon with clay
1bc1db5c.jpg

Progress on ODST chest pieces
bf0be417.jpg

Sorry for the double post, the edit post button was not working.

Wanted to add a Big thanks to Ithaca and Ben Streeper, whose videos have been incredibly helpful.
Also big thanks to Kirrou, Robogenesis, Nightshade, Skullcandy Girl, and Ral Partha, who were awesome enough to share their fantastic pep files with us Noobs

Why thank you Sir!
Still got a LOOONG way to go. ODST body parts are taking priority at the moment since they will be the core of several kits, followed by the Recon and ODST helms. Spartan armor is in cold storage until everything else is done. Planning to vacuform the chest and ab pieces. Shoulders, gauntlets, thighs, and obviously helmets will be molded with Silicon.

Construction on vacuum table is underway, will post more pics in a few weeks.

Nice work dude! I would be helllaaa interested in some of those ab pieces and the thighs! cant wait for more updates :D

Took the whole weekend, but finally got this beast pepped. Glassed and rondo's interior today, will post pics once dry and movable.

4b6d89ad.jpg

b657bac7.jpg

Thanks!
Redjak: I printed the tester at default scale and it happened to fit just about perfect so I kept that scale for the final pep. Tester took about five hours, final pep took around 16. I used Kirrou's HD pep, which at default scale is a little on the large side, but that worked out fine since I have a slightly large melon. "Its like Sputnik, mostly round but pointed on some ends. Heeeed Move!"

Hey, thought Id visit your thread since you complimented mine. It looks like youre off to a better start than I had, your helmet looks tons better than mine did at that stage, cant wait to see it finished!

Dude just posted about my first project on the same ODST helmet, yours is looking great can't wait to progress with mine now :)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really appreciate it. Its been a LOOONG week. Luckily I was able to get some fun done today.

Helmet is nearing end of "cut in" phase and entering "detail phase"...at least I hope so. Also got some work done on a reversible template for vacuforming the side ab plates. Its basically a brick of bondo. Got a little work done on the thighs, but still alot left to do on those.

Pics:
Ear before cutting in:
881d4a60.jpg

Ear after cutting in:
9aa51af3.jpg

couple more hours of dremel and mouse sander, and another layer of primer.
ace3df37.jpg

3396b8ab.jpg

I think I'm gonna sharpen up that chin a bit more:
97eb78bd.jpg

Thigh pieces:
926874d6.jpg

Ab plate brick:
c9a1f51d.jpg

[Exhales slowly and stretches aching back]
I think its time for a shower, some crab meat, and a nice cold one.

Hey gang. Not a whole lot of progress for a while. >120 hour work weeks suck!
Got some lines carved in the ODST bucket, and got some more work done on my recon project. Still very early on that one. Decided to ditch the clay and go with bondo, since its what I know.

26345d12.jpg

1926d254.jpg

e1232347.jpg

ad2676e6.jpg

I am dieing to get back to work on my ODST project, but between work hours and board testing I've had to put it on a back burner for a few weeks. Mid november and I should be back up to speed and making progress. I did get to do some work on my Mk VI armor. Too little for me, but it worked out perfectly for my nephew's halloween costume. He wanted blue and yellow, so we did it up. Never got to make molds, so I just gave him the master. Unfortunately only had time to prep the torso and helmet, but I think he liked it just fine.
More to come.

28c2d428.jpg

a8ae345b.jpg

7a424be0.jpg

4beff8a7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back