I need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halomaniac

does anyone know how to build a master cheif helmet with a motorcycle helmet as the base? if so please give me links on how to do it it would really help lol :$

You could use clay and sculpt it over the helmet, or you could glue some cardboard and scratch build it with that and add details with bondo.

I know for a fact theres a guy on youtube who shows you how to do a master Chief helmet using a motorbike helmet as the base. I don't have the link sorry but search youtube, should still be there

But i personally reckon the pepakura way is the best. Hope that helps :D

Scaling pep over the base is, like the other guys said, probably the easiest.

I feel we'd be remiss in not saying that you should not construct over a motorcycle helmet you intend to use while riding. Adding over the actual helmet can restrict sight, since the opening of an MC helmet is limited compared to a cycle helmet and under no circumstances should you deconstruct the outer shell of a riding helmet to put a MC fascia on it; doing so would compromise the protective elements of the helmet. Either of these two outcomes could result in serious injury or death and no one in this community wants to see that. Ever.

I know for a fact theres a guy on youtube who shows you how to do a master Chief helmet using a motorbike helmet as the base. I don't have the link sorry but search youtube, should still be there

But i personally reckon the pepakura way is the best. Hope that helps :D

well in the video (ive seen it) he uses a flimsy halloween costume plastic lol

Scaling pep over the base is, like the other guys said, probably the easiest.

I feel we'd be remiss in not saying that you should not construct over a motorcycle helmet you intend to use while riding. Adding over the actual helmet can restrict sight, since the opening of an MC helmet is limited compared to a cycle helmet and under no circumstances should you deconstruct the outer shell of a riding helmet to put a MC fascia on it; doing so would compromise the protective elements of the helmet. Either of these two outcomes could result in serious injury or death and no one in this community wants to see that. Ever.

i was going to use it for more of play but i may use it for riding a bike not a motorcycle

best bet is to scale a mc helmet big enough to cover the real helmet, that's if your just going to use it for a bicycle.. for a motorcycle i wouldn't mod a real helmet.. dangerous you know :p

and you don't want to quad post, its really bad, just edit the previous post. and with quotes like that you can put them all into one post rather than 4 separate ones..

:)

best bet is to scale a mc helmet big enough to cover the real helmet, that's if your just going to use it for a bicycle.. for a motorcycle i wouldn't mod a real helmet.. dangerous you know :p

and you don't want to quad post, its really bad, just edit the previous post. and with quotes like that you can put them all into one post rather than 4 separate ones..

:)

i dont ride a motorcycle i just want the helmet t be durable :)

why do you have like 2-4 threads on the same subject: MC Helm for you Helmet..

Best thing to do is what acenat said.. Btw, it wouldnt be safe, because your peripherals would be blocked by the helmet sticking out too much.

i dont ride a motorcycle i just want the helmet t be durable :)
Then what you want to do is read through the sticky threads about how to construct your helmet. There are plenty of youtube videos to help guide you through creating a helm that can be dropped from a height of 6 feet or more without cracking. None of the creation methods you'll find here are suitable for anything other than costuming; i.e. you should NOT be using these helmets for riding bikes, riding motorcycles or playing paintball. The community does not condone, support or recommend these activities with the costuming helmets found hereon and participating in activities, such as, but not limited to, those mentioned above can result in serious injury or death. Putting the Master Chief aesthetic over a real motorcycle helmet does not make it safe to use in these activities. Chief's visor severely limits your peripheral vision and, as such, makes it very dangerous to use in a riding situation.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/15735-New-Recruit-Orientation-Video

In the above link Adam goes into a lot of detail about what you will and will not find here. The video also goes into some detail about good forum etiquette, including not making multiple threads about the same thing and ESPECIALLY about something that is covered in the stickies. We all want you to become a contributing member of the forums and the greater community, but more than that, we want you to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back