405th Challenge Coin anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when it comes around time to doing I think this is a very good idea. I think the site should sell some generic 405 coins for/from the site to help pay for maintenance. Ithink maybe selling some Tee shirts would be good as well. I think all of this can be done without using any copyrighted Microsoft work and using only original designs.

Bingo! Count me in.

B-B-BUMP!

I believe that some websites have a deal where if you already have dies made and you want to re-use one half, it saves you money. So we have the 405th logo half and we have another half for marines, ODST's Spartans etc...

And I would want one

I think the coins are a very nice idea. There are a lot of really good ideas bouncing around about what should go on the coin. The concepts of the coins that are already done, the 405th logo looks awesome!! Can't wait to see how this all turns out!!

Really, there are about 100 things going on behind the scenes at the moments, from life to family to internet, that in the immediate future, there wont be a challenge coin. There is enough to worry about regarding function and improvements to the forum that the time necessary to dedicate to this project is non existent. So, for now, this is going to be put on hold. Feel free to continue discussing it, as the more ideas and better a final design, the more likely the project, when picked back up, will go quicker.

hi im fairly new here but i would definetly be up for a couple of these as long as getting them to australia is'nt to hard for whoever is running the coins project, btw great idea to

I am surprised that no geocachers have spoken up in this group....

There are some very good Geocoin producers out there who will produce
full color enamel coins in very short runs for reasonable money... I have had
a couple made myself... the other cool side to this is that they would all have
a individual serial number on them.... and would also be "trackable."

Heck you could set up a temporary "cache" at your local con... and have member

Another option that our Geocaching club has used is "Pathtags."
They are one sided (full color) and a tad smaller then average coins
BUT very reasonable for short runs...

Just some additional ideas.... Here is the last coin I picked up last week:

2008MiGOfront.gif

2008MiGOfront_01.gif

this is one that I had been missing from my collection.....

Like I said....just food for thought....

Cujo3131

I may have a suggestion if you will... I am about to start a novelty coin making project over the summer. If it pleases the members of the 405th and the "higher ups" if you will. That I make a 405th Limited run coin to assist in the funds of whatever charity the 405th choses to be a part of.... More details to come if I am allotted to do this. As well as the other pieces to this project.

To the "Official 405th Members-Higher ups-" please feel free to private message me for details or to tell me anything I need to know about if I should continue this venture or not.

Loving the idea of a challenge coin!
Just a suggestion, but wouldnt it be fitting that the coins be made of smoothcast pulled from a silicone block mold?

If this ever gets rolling, count me in for at least 2 coins. If we had 405th patches, I'd even be willing to pick a couple of those up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back