Props LeeKegan and Privateer H3 sniper Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeKegan

Since I can't update my Sniper thread I'm starting a new thread.

Privateer has painted up my H3 sniper and has started the process of molding, but that is on hold as Dreads takes it to Chicago con and D-con and then it will go back to Privateer to finish up the molding.

Here are pic of it. Privateer's work is great!

snipercase.jpg

sniper2.jpg

sniper1.jpg

If anybody could do your work justice Lee, it would definitely be Charlie!! Awesome result!!

-Matt

It looks really heavy for one man to carry. I am only 30 minutes outside of Chicago, I might need to meet up with Dreads to help carry it.;);)
Looks great Lee.

Lee! I just noticed, you're Lee again! Good to see you again. ;)

Honestly Lee I like your props just fine how they are, but Privateer's a WIZARD with an airbrush! After how great Lost Viking's DMR is turning out with his fantastic paint job and now this- DAMN! Some of the paint jobs we've got happening here are making awesome props totally out of this world! :eek

well I still need to get my username back to Privateer but Im in lol. Thanks for the compliments on the paint I will say though with this nice of a prop nearly anyone could do just as good a job, They say paint covers alot of evil but reguardless of what the mythbusters say you cant shine a turd;). I use nearly any type of paint and painting methods I can to get the desired effect. Basecoat with self etching filler primer, Then ultraflat black, next dust the main parts with aged bronze, then tape off the "metal" parts and spray texture paint on the grips and stock. Next I spray plastidip black over all the texture to make it look like cast rubber or plastic. Finally pull the tape check the entire weapon for anything you missed and start the dry brushing, I use citadel paints for detailing and drybrushing I start with mithril silver for picking out all the edges and wear points then layer some boltgun and finally Tin bits for a bronzed worn look. after its all dry I pick out any details with the appropriate color and use a artist brush pen to accent all the recessed areas. Finally a good coat of matte sealer to keep it form getting damaged.

Cheers!

wow! it almost looks- wait scratch that last part IT HAS 2 BE REAL! plz tell me its real... u kno wat im gunna say its real just cuz i can :D haha. great job lee keep up the fantastic work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back