"Help!" for: Forum Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. How would I be able to elevate my status?

There's no definite way of accomplishing this, at least nothing you can do directly. Only the mods and admins know the criteria to become "Infantryman". It is a combination of post count and contributions to the community I think. Which means spamming posts and posting as many replies to increase your post count to get to Infantryman as fast as possible is not recommended, and might garner some unwanted attention from the mods. (I've heard that they supposedly halve your post count if they think you are doing this just to delay it even more).

Your member status should not be the end goal. Instead, focus on being a productive member of this costuming community, and before you know it, your member status will change.

The only edit button I see is for editing the text of the post, not the title. I know you can do it because I have seen others have though.

Yes, click that and go advanced. Above the text of your main post, there's a field for the title. Edit that, save, and the title of your thread changes.

So from what I understand if you show that you are truly working on a project. The forum will be more open to you as time goes on correct?

So from what I understand if you show that you are truly working on a project. The forum will be more open to you as time goes on correct?

You will at some point be promoted to Infantryman, but it's not necessarily dependant on a project and the benefits are somewhere between marginal and nonexistent.

Hey guys I have a question about my WIP thread. I've had some things come up that unfortunately taken away from my project for about 6 months, however I have some new progress I would like to update. Is that considered necro posting? Or is it okay to update it if I'm still working on what I started? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is in this situation.
Thanks in advance.

I'm aware that this thread is kinda old ad is most likely considered dead but I don't know what to do otherwise as the moderator of this forum has been on for over a month now. But anyways I can't post new threads and when I try it says my account hasn't been activated or is waiting approval. Is this normal? Or do I have to reach a certain number of posts before I can't make my own thread instead of digging up dead ones? so can someone please tell me why it says that? and also is there a private seller section on this website i keep seeing a few references to it but i cant find it. also if it is locked what do i have to do to be able to unlock it?

if it says your account is waiting for approvel it probably means you havnt clicked the activation email link that they send you after you create youre account check youre email and look for it P.S just a hunch

It automatically happens after so many posts on your part. I'm not sure of the official count as of now though. Just don't go spamming posts (short, quick posts just to get your count up), those types of posts are rarely helpful or necessary.

Are these forums only for making and showing off Halo armor, or can I also show off other costumes based off of video game characters?

I currently stopped making the armor part of my pep due to me growing to fast for it. So for the time being i am going to make some weapons but i am having one problem. Some of the weapons have parts that take up mor than one page such as a barrel like the shotgun. If someone can help please post back. I realize pep files aren't the best for weapons but idc.

Are these forums only for making and showing off Halo armor, or can I also show off other costumes based off of video game characters?

People frequently do post other stuff, but the heart of the site is Halo.

I currently stopped making the armor part of my pep due to me growing to fast for it. So for the time being i am going to make some weapons but i am having one problem. Some of the weapons have parts that take up mor than one page such as a barrel like the shotgun. If someone can help please post back. I realize pep files aren't the best for weapons but idc.

Print them on multiple pages and glue them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back