"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so far ive seen alot of people attempt this type of visor but the only real winners have been visors that are bondo'd or rondo'd with the two eye areas (if your making emiles helmet) visor. However i have a idea for another method for it, but am no where near the stage of testing. what i'd do would be search for eva and emile helmet builds.

my question, although seeming basic i just want to be certain, what is the best thing to use for the tubing on the Mk vi helmet (master chiefs helmet)? i was thinking some spiral wrap cut up and glued in place but is there a better alternate?

I am trying to make a normal eva helmet without carvings on it so it will be more difficult. But when you test your other method, PM me if it works out!! I am wanting any new ideas. I will be making a full emile suit in the future so it should be good. And yes, I think that spiral wrap would work good, I have a friend that used it and it looked awesome.

Does anyone know how to get the grain out of wood?
I plan on molding and casting a piece made out of wood, and even though I sanded it smooth I know the wood grains would show up in the texture of it
so I am wondering what I should do to smooth those out?

Considering that the grain generally runs through the entire piece, I would suggest just getting a laminate of some sort for it. Apply thickly, smooth it down, then mould that - you'd probably be able to get more moulds of better quality that way, too.

Does anyone know how to get the grain out of wood?
I plan on molding and casting a piece made out of wood, and even though I sanded it smooth I know the wood grains would show up in the texture of it
so I am wondering what I should do to smooth those out?
Use a wood filler.

Wouldn't most fillers later get stuck in the mould, though? They generally seem to turn to so much grit when they dry, in my experience.

would spraying it with primer and then sanding it work?

Potentially. You'd need a high-build primer and do multiple coats. I'd say it would be easier to use wood filler and only need to do one or two applications + sanding max. I've also used Bondo as an impromptu wood grain filler for a small wood piece on my helmet, since I was already Bondo-ing other parts of it.

can someone please explain how to scale my head (im just making a helmet) and put it into pepakura?

Use the tutorial below Spitfire22V's comment above, I have scaled most of my armour this way. You can also go to halo costuming wiki and search scaling.

This is referring back to my previous question on page 26-27. The catcher mask strap set up wasn't necessary after all. The top spike and weight actually made it so that I only needed a single band and it was fully secured.

But anyway, the bubble wrap: it goes around the mask/object in question, correct? And then I surround it with newspaper, tissue paper, etc. to secure it for shipping?

I have a question about visors like for the CQB and the Rogue. How would i go about getting one, i've heard some people say that they cut one out of a motorcycle visor. is this possible, if so how/what would i use to do it?

I have a question about visors like for the CQB and the Rogue. How would i go about getting one, i've heard some people say that they cut one out of a motorcycle visor. is this possible, if so how/what would i use to do it?

Something like this should work.

Then, refer to this tutorial to install and detail the visor.

Don't forget to use the search bar to potentially find the answer for questions like this for yourself. The information is all here, and it saves you time. :)

Hey guys, I need some help figuring out how to make myself taller. I'm between 5'6" and 5'8" (depending on which convenient store I'm leaving ;)). But seriously, I'm closer to 5'8", not really Spartan-sized. I figure my armor might make me about an inch taller, and the right boots should boost me two inches, but that's all I can come up with.
Anyone else have some other ideas?

Me = 6 foot even.

Me as Master Chief = 6' 5"

Roughly 3 inches from the boots and 2 from the helmet. My head is not centered in the helmet, but is at the bottom, giving more height at the top.

196945_10150238414178998_172363813997_9047906_8114319_n.jpg

Wow thanks! I searched and never saw that. They look surprisingly......natural, not with a tall sole like so many others

I agree, however I'm not sure about the price. I'm about the same height as you, and it would be nice to be taller as a Spartan. The boots I'm using are really heavy duty and add maybe 1.5-2 inches already. In that same thread, someone posted about boot inserts that add height also, but not as much as the full boots in the link. For less than $20, I may go that route instead of buying brand new boots.

@Roadkiller, That's a nice lift just from boots and helmet. Not bad at all.

I agree, however I'm not sure about the price. I'm about the same height as you, and it would be nice to be taller as a Spartan. The boots I'm using are really heavy duty and add maybe 1.5-2 inches already. In that same thread, someone posted about boot inserts that add height also, but not as much as the full boots in the link. For less than $20, I may go that route instead of buying brand new boots.

I haven't had a chance to completely read through it, but those inserts look pretty feasible too. Since I'm a noob I don't really have any materials, so maybe I'll end up getting the boots. I could find other uses for them besides my costume, thereby justifying the price tag. Again, thank you both for the replies.

EDIT: Found some cheaper elevator boots, says they'll give you 5.2 inches. Here they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back