Rainy Day Project M6D

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLane972

Jr Member
Well we had a butt ton of rain roll through here yesterday, so rather than lose a whole day of building I made the most of it. Made from sliced models on foamboard The forum member who sliced them escapes me at this point... when I find it I'll credit them acordingly. Here it is with most of the smoothing done to it. My goal for this when it is done is to cast it and make a few...wish me luck on this.

as you can see it's a little nicer out today, as soon as things dry out I'll be back to work on my armor
100_1668-1.jpg

100_1669-1.jpg

100_1670-1.jpg

100_1671.jpg

still have a little more detail shaping to do (hence the stuff drawn on) fix the symetry and then resin.

Cripes! that's pretty good for an afternoon project. My SOCOM pistol took me a couple days (and a few recuts). I really want to see what is in store for this build!

lol... thanks, one of the joys of being on ADD meds at my age, when I sit down to do something I get hyperfocused and will not get up until I get it done, When I did my Mark VI helmet I printed, cut, folded and assembled it all in about 16 hours.... in one sitting:eek.

Well I have had one brainfart in tis project already, forgot about that part where resin will eat foam if you don't seal it first, wasn't as bad a it could have been though. Now I have a bunch of grooves for the bondo to sit in. I'll post more pics when I am done smoothing.

So I throew a layer of bondo on this today, got most of the shaping done, still a bit to go before I start cutting in the details, shot a coat of flat black on it tonight so I could see where I stood at this point...so far so good.

100_1688.jpg

100_1686.jpg

100_1685.jpg

I found it on here somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can remember the one that posted it, I'll try to find it again and post the link, and properly credit the one who made it.

FOUND IT!

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25541-M6C-Sliced-Model?highlight=sliced

And I give credit to fat-hi555 for posting it. I opted to do a solid prop instead of the working slide and magazine, at least for my first run.

Also you'll need to research here http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page to find the proper size of whatever one you build, first one I printed unscaled and it was tiny... like Walther p22 tiny (as opposed to Desert Eagle size) hint- O/A Length: 26.7 centimeters for M6D

1/8 inch project board from Wal-Mart. I don't think I'd recomend it though, unless you seal it before you resin it. Resin tends to eat a lot of the foam away. I'd say a heavy duty cardboard would be better if you's plan to resin it.

Took some time to do a bit on this this week, I still have details to work into it, and yet, more sanding to do, lengtened out the upper shroud to look more game acurate. the front sight thingie and the inner barrel will be added last. Right now I have it in two tone primer just to give me an idea how it will look when its painted.

100_1705.jpg

100_1703.jpg

100_1701.jpg

100_1700.jpg

100_1697.jpg

Hammered out a little more on this this week, almost done!, as you can see I made more changes, hit it with a few coats of aluminum today... a lot shinier than I thought it would be, but nothing I can't dull down in the end. adding the black for the grips tomorrow weather permitting. Stand by for finished pics by saturday.

100_1707.jpg

100_1706.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back