Two finished Mark VI armor sets ready for the Fall of Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklight

Hello 405th,

Hey guys. Just thought I'd put up a few pics of what my brother and I have been working on over the last few months. Today was the first time we both were able to suit up and get some photos. It was a lot of fun and we are both looking forward to wearing them down to the Reach release.

Also, I'd like to send out a BIG THANKS! to everyone on the forum and all the people that provide all the files and support that help make building this stuff possible.

4939342937_f5f5d5ae36.jpg

4939344289_d5af8c7277.jpg

4939344495_b8f7a3928d.jpg

4939345103_b9cd16478f.jpg

Truely outstanding!

As many of us put the push on to finish before "Reach" you've raised the standard we have to meet. Nicely done.

wow that is amazing. the detail is great. really makes me want to work harder

I'll have to agree with what everyone is saying, this is amazing work!

I would like to know what you guys used for your necks.

Wow out of no where! looks awesome guys, great work and very impressive!

I'm sure you'll have tons of people in awe when reach comes out! :D

thanks alot man, now you got me wanting to build recon stuff ; / Great suits by the way...excellent craftsmanship in them both!

those are amazingggg! i like how you guys r stocky like me gives me inspiration of what i can hopefully achieve!! great job

Thanks for the comments guys!

Hey those look great, how much time would you say went into them?

I'd say we have anywhere from 400 to 500 hours in each suit. This was our first build.

Where did you guys come from? This is awesome! Do you guys do a lot of costuming or is this your first build?

Yes this was our first build, but we do have some background in engineering, design, and car restoration which has helped out alot.

I'll have to agree with what everyone is saying, this is amazing work!

I would like to know what you guys used for your necks.

My brother had on a fleece pull-over hood and I had on a foam neck piece that I'm trying to get to work. It has no air flow around it so you get pretty warm wearing.

what did you use for as an undersuit

We had on some starter under armor like spandex tops and bottoms. For the mid section we had on a back brace that you can purchase from Lowes. Most of the armor pieces were trimmed out with black foam to help hide the inside of the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back