New Xbox-Live Membership Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDCrockr209

Well, guys, this sucks. It turns out that Micro$oft is increasing the prices for LIVE users.

New prices are as follows:

*1 Month: 7.99 - 9.99
*3 Month: 19.99 - 24.99
*12 Month: 49.99 - 59.99

This isn't a great move for M$. They could have at least given us the bloody option to customize our membership. Some of us only use XBL play games, but some of us do more than than, but either way we have to pay the same price.

-Pony :angry

go to walmart.com, they have 12 month Gold cards for $39.94 with free shipping to your local store (don't think in-store price is the same)

Kinda a pain, yeah. But honestly, who's going to give up their Gold memberships at this point? It's a pain for everyone, but I'm guessing they really won't see a drop in sales.

However, these prices don't go into effect until November. I decided to just buy a full year now at the current price. Pretty sure I'm going to be on Live for the next 12 months. I advise anyone who has $40 to do the same. Considering that that'll be all of 4 months of Live month-to-month when the prices change. :p

also don't forget that most LIVE cards do not have an expiration date, so if you know you want to be on LIVE for years to come, you can load up now and save $$ in the future.

Well this is one way for MS to lose fans, I was thinking of getting on XBL gold soon but with that I may not do it.

Amazon also has some going 39.94 with free shipping. I may pick up 2. Also you can simply have gold months stack after you activate per say 2.

Maybe I should go pick one up at walmart today. I bought a 3 month from there last time for 19.99, and it turned out to be a 12 month code

Well this is one way for MS to lose fans, I was thinking of getting on XBL gold soon but with that I may not do it.

I feel what your saying, but I really don't see LIVE taking any membership hits because of this. I always hear the argument that PS network is free, why isn't XBL?, but I truly feel that XBL offers more and has better online games. Plus, I think the price increase is so they can upgrade with ESPN and HULU and a few other offerings without having a 3rd price level. Even Netflix has upped their prices, and they haven't had much of a back-lash because they have such a solid product.

I always associated the 12 month Live membership as being equivalent (or close to) the price of a game.

Anyways, if it makes you feel better you could always attribute it to "inflation" lawls... :/

First, a small rant:

If this is because of the new features with HULU and namely ESPN, then wow, that is such a load of poop. Why is it so hard to just add another type of membership for the people that are into that stuff? I only use my xBox to play games and occasionally watch DVDs. Also, screw ESPN. I hate most sports enough, but to have to pay extra just because they offer it now? NO. If I wanted to watch sports 24/7, I'd pay for the package on Dish Network.

Now, a good side:

It's $60 for a yearly membership. That's $5 a month, apx. $.17 a day. Like someone else said, consider it like buying a game.

Honestly I am not really worried about the increase. I have never spent more than $30 on a 12 month. Someone is always having a deal on it you just have to be patient and look for it. A site I really like cause they always post the best deals is slickdeals.net just search for xbox live or 12 month live and there is usually something there around the $30 price. If not just keep checking back and you'll find it.

Wow. This really frustrating. I suscribe to Gold, but I hardly ever get the opportunity to use it because of my satelilte internet. I subscribe because it allows me to play on the occasion I go over to a friend's place. Man this bites. :( I totally agree that XBL has always been superior to the PS network, but this really takes the cake. C'mon Microsoft, PS3 players are probably as, or even more numerous than 360 gamers, why do you have to raise the price?

One thing's for sure. I'm stocking up. Saving $10 a year may not sound like a a lot, but for a maybe once monthly player, it's worth it. I'm going to buy at least one card, maybe two, at the current prices, and simply tally on the membership time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back