Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok worked all day today getting a lot done so here is an updated. also found out that a lot of my friends already have most the chest pieces finished doing the same method so you may be seeing a lot of this soon glad I could start a trend. now to pics

fb99470e.jpg

486aa093.jpg

85543d82.jpg

Would you be willing to share wich pep files you used for the legs? I have finished a set of arms and would like to start my legs next.
Any help would be welcomed.

thx.

Wow..........that is some sexy foam armor! haha

Your seams are very clean and can hardly tell where you have 2 pieces meeting. How did you go about doing that? Did you do an angle cut on the back of the pieces in order to achieve a cleaner seam?

Another thing I noticed, specifically on the shin pieces ( i see it in the picture a couple posts above this one), there is an area that appears to be shiny. Is that from hot glue or some other substance being on the outside of the foam? Would that happen to be something you used to seal the seams in that area?

I'm really looking forward to starting on mine, unfortunately it will have to wait due to money. Bills have to come first ya know. XD

_______________________________________________________________________________________
p588.gif0JZK.gifUB9L.gifNA8v.gif

this is just wow .. i was just about to quit making armors because i really dont want to play around with fiberglass anymore and Belakor mentioned you .. This is AWESOME !!

It has been a while for me!! But a must say very impressive!!!! I love my master chief armor, but I think I might try this for 1-its cheaper 2-its lighter 3-i dont have to drive to my parents house to build it! I would think it would be easier to walk in also

WHy isn't this in the Elite section already? Such clean presentation, and this started out as just plain old mats and you've ALWAYS made boss stuff Tim :) And well you're one of the ultimate Trendsetters around these parts as well. And doing 2 suits, a dope MK5 helmet AND now Mass Effect too! Impressive, most impressive! Keep it up as always Tim :D

Wow timecon, this is the best realisation about mass effect I've never seen! And your noble 6 armor is awesome.
Bravo!

I have a question: where did you find the foam? Because I'm very interessed :) ...

Is there a link anyware too the mass effect templates? Great job btw ! I Love seeing mass effect builds!

oh my!
that is amazing, how, how, i try to use that foam, i die, yet you work itwith pur skill and talent. any more updates on the Mass effect armour?

hey 405th I've been gone for at least a month and I'll probably be gone for a while longer, good news though I've been gone because I had my first child dec 28th. its a joy and a handful! but with juggling my work schedule and the wife's work schedule I wont be making any props anytime soon. it is driving me crazy as I have a ton of unfinished stuff and ideas I cant afford to even start. I just checked my messages and there is a lot, to answer a few right away I am not making anything for commission I simply don't have the facilities time and money. I'll still be here watching all you guys and gals amazing work when I can. I'm not dead just missing in action for awhile. also for those that want a peek here is the link to some pics of our newest spartan mckay
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=53343&id=100000492395218&l=fa9f489fbf

Congratulations on the addition to the family... Having kids is a rewarding experience... At least until the hit their teens... My girl turned 12 today, what handful she is...

Glad to know everything is well though, had noticed you weren't around as much, I do enjoy seeing your builds.

Congrats again....

update pics I worked on this all day while brandon was working on dmr cast and his sweet reach forearm cast

9e9299a2.jpg

a2cfdd53.jpg

4e397c21.jpg

a46c7667.jpg

d19184c4.jpg

still working away at it.

As I was looking at the Bondo'ed pep I was impressed. Then I saw it with a bit of primer and my jaw dropped.
Amazing work as always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back