Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
simply amazing ! what incredible work. i just have to ask one thing, how would you seal and paint over the foam ? from my experiences foam and paint don't get along

i am doing some testers with a few items I'll let you know once I come up with one that works best

Plasti-dip works fantastically for sealing this type of foam. The smooth side soaks it up like a sponge and provides for a very constant smooth surface. The patterned side doesn't really need coating as it's not as open cell as the rest.

Behold the evolution. I was wondering when there would be a breakthrough.
Nice work.

Woah... That is... UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!!! So, Welcome back Tim, nice to see you again. (Almost as nice as the Chest/Back piece. Just kidding. lol.) :p

And How many of the foam puzzels did you use?

got the shoulder basics done today took awhile to figure out a good pattern.
7a29a7f6.jpg

e7f5febb.jpg

wow would have never thought of that. that may as well work really well to use for detail work with other mediums like the standard way of doing things. thanks for bringing this up and showing your work. that is awesome. please keep us informed and how the painting goes.

The most innovative new armor building technique I've seen. It's looking great , what are you using to bond pieces together ?

Any updates Tim?

Well since I'm not at dcon yes I'll try to have something for you guys now that the weekend is here, I want to get as much done as possible before wed since I don't work again till then.

thatscoolwire.com is one of the best for EL wire

also, where did you buy your foam? i've been looking for some cheap smooth EVA foam for my metroid stuff.

Alright- I bought some of this foam and am having much less than stellar results. Any chance you can post up a mini tut or at least some protips? Your work looks great and I'd like to know how to replicate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back