Hardsuit WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha! I don't mind you bothering at all :)

Yup, it's going slow, mostly working on fiberglassing the lower legs and thigh pieces while working on the problem of how to do the joints in the suit so I'll still have movement.

Ha ha! I don't mind you bothering at all :)

Yup, it's going slow, mostly working on fiberglassing the lower legs and thigh pieces while working on the problem of how to do the joints in the suit so I'll still have movement.

How much room have you got around the knee/elbows? I was thinking a lever attached to the thigh and lower leg but you would need some twisting movement at the knee... Maybe have either the top or bottom loosely attached with elastic or something...

Cheers.

(Ps. OMG PICS! lol)

How much room have you got around the knee/elbows? I was thinking a lever attached to the thigh and lower leg but you would need some twisting movement at the knee... Maybe have either the top or bottom loosely attached with elastic or something...

Cheers.

(Ps. OMG PICS! lol)

Hm, I'll have to see what works out really, a lever might work, the elastic would be cheaper or something like it.

(Ps. Working on it lol!)

OMG why do you torment me so :D I keep coming back to check on update hehehe. How are you going?

Cheers.
Sorry man, had a bit of a financial crisis I had to take care of first, so that put a bit of a hold on working on the hardsuit. Now that everything is taken care of I'm back on track to working on it. I really should take more progress shots lol!

Yes we want to see more! Have you got any of the other parts done?
I'm glad other people want to see what I'm doing. :) Honestly didn't think many people would be interested, and yes I have gotten some other parts done, reworked some pieces as well. Promise to have pics up before the weekend.

nice job and nice progress. A little farther than I'm on mines (I'm doing the Priss Hardsuit from the original OAV). I found the legs and feet the easiest to do. the Helmet is what I'm finding a b**** to do.

Though you're doing pepakura, I'm doing it traditional (sculpting and molding).

See my sig (yes I went through the whole body cast too...6 hours of standing up and not moving in 5" platform heels does wonders on your nerves).

Good luck! Please Post progress pics ^_^ (aliteration FTW)

Wow this looks awesome!!!

I love Bubblegum Crisis, okay just seen the Opening, but the Armor is awesome!

May is ask where you get the File for the Helmet? Want to add it to my Collection^^

May is ask where you get the File for the Helmet? Want to add it to my Collection^^

I found some BGC Helmet PDO's in this thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/azurials-...en-1-prime-head-up-x-men-belt-clasp-up-94965/

the one in the first post keeps timing out, but half-way down the first page of the thread, there is a link to a PDO file that you can get another modeled helmet by member Ikariya. Its PW protected, but he provided it in the post.

Sorry to threadjack....

nice job and nice progress. A little farther than I'm on mines (I'm doing the Priss Hardsuit from the original OAV). I found the legs and feet the easiest to do. the Helmet is what I'm finding a b**** to do.

Though you're doing pepakura, I'm doing it traditional (sculpting and molding).

See my sig (yes I went through the whole body cast too...6 hours of standing up and not moving in 5" platform heels does wonders on your nerves).

Good luck! Please Post progress pics ^_^ (aliteration FTW)
Holy cow, nice work. I actually found the helmet the easier part, and most problems with the feet and the chest.

Braver person than I am. I just got a duct tape dummy to fit my armor onto.

Actually I got my file from here (http://www.propzone.be/payedfiles.html)

Sorry to threadjack....

It's alright. :)

Sorry to bump, but I have progress pics finally.

IMG_365812.jpg

IMG_680717.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Pics of the shoulder pieces, it was tricky trying to take pictures with both on so I just took them of one as they're both the same. Also I cut the pieces for the "knucklebomb" out of craft foam and card stock just because I had the foam lying around.
prissshoulderarmor3.png

Just to give you an idea of what the shoulder looks like.

IMG_77092.jpg

IMG_79233.jpg

The other leg is resined and going to fiberglass it on the inside later. I've got the thighs, cod piece, abdominal plate thing fiber glassed, just working on the chest piece and thinking of doing the back part in foam the bit that looks like a spinal cord.
prissbackpiece.jpg

Very nice work so far!

When do you think you will attack the outside with bondo? The great thing about this build is that its all smooth curves so you dont have to worry so much about sanding off an edge.

interesting....... i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wait to i start on my build or i sould say sculpt lol its going to be a 7n foot tall life size master chief!!!!

Very nice work so far!

When do you think you will attack the outside with bondo? The great thing about this build is that its all smooth curves so you dont have to worry so much about sanding off an edge.

Thanks! Probably start with the bondo when, I have everything fiberglassed, and when it stops raining. The weather lately hasn't been nice at all, which keeps setting me back, as I'm not sanding this inside.

interesting....... i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wait to i start on my build or i sould say sculpt lol its going to be a 7n foot tall life size master chief!!!!

:)

Oh wow a 7 ft tall master chief? Good luck and can't wait to see when you get started on it.

Cant wait to see more! How are you going?

Cheers.

(Hey have you heard from Rundown? I contacted him early this year about a commission but now hes not returning my PMs (Busy maybe..) How did you contact him? Directly or through his website?)

It's going slow, feel like I'm making no progress. Wearther has been so crappy lately I can't go outside to sand anything. I'm hoping I can finish it in time for Dragoncon, but right now it's looking like I won't. If nothing else I'll have it all pieced together, just won't have all the bells and whistles I'd like and there's always room for improvement.

(I contacted him through his website, try using the email address there. You might have better luck getting in touch with him that way, as his PM inbox on here might be full.)

Great work on the Hard Suit so far reaver. I have never heard or seen anything on this suit before today. I definitely think it is cool looking though. Don't give up, press through. In the end, it will be all worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back