AngusX85's first WIP post. MKVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusX85

Hello everyone. I've been a member on this site for a while now, mostly scanning posts and seeing what others are up to. Over the past couple of weeks I have actually had some time to progress on my own project.

Here is an image of what I have done at this point.
IMG_0506.jpg

I'm hoping to have it complete by the release of Reach.
Let me know what you think.

~AngusX85

Thanks everyone for the compliments :)

Quick update.

Rondoed the right hand plant and got it painted today. I was also able to get the right shin, left thigh, bicep and shoulder pieces resined. I also got the right forearm pep complete.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

UPDATE!

I was able to get a few more pieces peped and some more finishing done.
Here is the right hand plate attached to the gloves I picked up at Home Depot.
4c9b0807.jpg

Cod piece with belt and strapping.
9ffabe4e.jpg

Right shin completed.
68659edf.jpg

And the right forearm also completed.
ad029641.jpg

More to come :)

lookin good. i like that paint job. keep it up. can't wait to see it all together

Small Update.

Got the thighs complete this morning. Attached the velcro strips on the inside and added some foam.
25f02388.jpg

@Pipinacan, here is the right shoulder complete.
71bfbb34.jpg

675d96fd.jpg

And my weapon of choice... sorta.
13421e27.jpg

Still gotta finish the torso pep as well as the boots, left hand plate and left forearm.

Update 9/12/10 @ 11:50pm

So here is where I'm at. With some finishing paint for the boots and left arm, I'll be ready for Reach :)
30079670.jpg

So I was able to complete my suit just in time. Here is a quick pic that was taken at my local gamestop for the launch.
cdb305f2.jpg

I'll try to post better ones when I get a hold of the better quality ones.

A pic from Halloween

So here is a pic from my Halloween journey last night with a few of my friends.
4c6b6b17.jpg

My boots took a severe beating from the pavers in Burlington VT, so I'll need to rebuild those, but otherwise my suit was a hit.

Ohh very nice, excellent work.

Quick question: What chest file is that? Is it the one by Flying Squirl?
Im asking because it seems like the scaling going to be weird on me but it looks fine on you.

Hey everyone! sorry its been so long since i last posted. had to back off the armor stuff for a while because of work and cold temperatures.

It is the flyingsquirrel chest. had to scale it up a little but to fit over my 661 SP1 suit.
It is a bondo/fiberglass build, however i did find that i need to reinforce some areas :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back