Progress Build: My IRON MAN helmets (and WAR MACHINE) and armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The faceplate does come off, but i had it taped in for halloween cuz didn't want it to fall off.

its actually the iron man file i'm working on converting to pep that you'll see in my thread. I did a rough conversion a long time ago and printed it out, but ended up losing the file and all data associated with it before i ever posted it. now i'm SLOWLY REdoing the file..

I've spent a long time working on this helmet, but not until recently has much progress been made.

Thanks for the comment though :) but yeah i used the same paint you used. Fantastic color. Great find dude

just a quick update:

Here are the shoulder plates and the chest brace. They have been epoxied and just need some minor sanding on the edges before priming and painting.

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

I removed the lower portion of the brace since I felt the pieces were unnecessary. In theory, I could add them still if I found out they are integral to the design.

I also completed pepping the chest plate. I have one thin layer of epoxy on there so far (from underneath), that's why it looks somewhat transparent. It should look pretty good when it's done.

IMG_3219.jpg

Looks great so far! any updates??

no real updates. I painted the shoulder plates gold and cut the chest brace in half in order for it to be worn. I've also finished resining the chest plate.

I haven't worked on it much tho, it's been cold here (california cold, not REALLY cold) and my sleep schedule is all messed up right now for unknown reasons (I'm a Police officer and I work nights). I'll probably get back at it as soon as the holidays are over with, I have a ton of time off coming to me that I'm forced to take.

Love the helmet!

Seriously im so distracted by all these cool projects! Everytime i see something amazing i want to go out and start to make one... I have to finish the ones ive started first.

Wow man, this is awesome work. I will be following this religiously! Bookmarked and everythin'! ;p Can I ask what scale you've got your suit set to? It seems to fit you perfectly. Also, have you made the palm pieces yet? At the same scale, the fingers are a bit big I think (they fall off) and the palm seems to be too small or I'm not wearing it right somehow.

You have incredible skills. This build is magnificent and your sizing is dead on, which is the hardest part for me. I can't wait to see your torso build. Will you be installing LEDs?

I´m following your development with a lot of interest since I´m building a MarkIV myself.

I just wonder how hard is your "vix vapor rub" mix after drying.
Since the resin by itself becomes hard but not flexible (therefor the use of fiberglass), even being hard is it not breakable like glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back