Blood Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.

red mist88

Hey Guys, Doing Blood Raven from DOW II. Already pepped the helmet, doing the chest. Will post after im done with it.
l_d628ee08a0d2462caae9bffe882eac8c.jpg

my first attempt on the helmet, and i and surprised it turned out pretty decent.

l_25be2dd84262494baeaeee422697d191.jpg

l_53dae4271ff94cbabc511c9d258d9a8c.jpg

apparently the chest is short by 166mm. which makes the helmet look huge. need to reprint and re-do...crap. was 30% done with the chest.
l_f0834f4dd375435f9bc7f6d8ffcdf543.jpg

l_925094cb46ef4732aad6131d8d7d9be3.jpg

apparently the chest is short by 166mm. which makes the helmet look huge. need to reprint and re-do...crap. was 30% done with the chest.
I suggest the you print and assemble the parts around the neck area first to minimize waste should you need to re-do it. Are you using the chest piece with the Aquila crest or the one without?

im using the one without it. I will then ribbot the emblems together, from far away it doesnt look too bad, but trying it on, makes it look horrible. I forgot to enter the scale factor that i had from the helmet to the chest. once i did it, almost all the bigger pieces do not fit on the paper, so i think ill bulk it up after I'm done with it.

I forgot to enter the scale factor that i had from the helmet to the chest.
That will only work if the helmet and the chest piece were modeled at the same time or came from the same model.

once i did it, almost all the bigger pieces do not fit on the paper, so i think ill bulk it up after I'm done with it.
You can always use the Join/Rejoin feature of PD to make the pieces fit on a sheet.

EDIT: Ooh, nice pics.

well, i'll stick some cardboard over the final piece to see how much more bulky it turns out and maybe go with that. if anything. i have till next october to finish this. :p

got half of the chest done and started on the shoulder for comparisons. pics soon. but the actual fit unsure due to flimsy structure at the moment. need to resin helmet. then finish the suit.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

l_52b63d3e9a2e4c25844ca8387676360a.jpg

though slightly warped, nothing bondo cant fix. the cheek bones and the under structure of the eye need a touch up and smoothing out after fiberglass is applied.

Though I have not figured out how I will have the eyes, either all the way covered with EL tape and a small back up cam from a car as a view to the outside world, or acrylic with 50 LED's lighting up bright enough so no one can see my eyes. There will be a fan on the inside sucking air out, and speakers for sound bites near the grill which I will replace. Along with the diamond where the camera might be replaced with. Camouflaged of course. Any input? both ideas will cost me roughly about 100 dollars.

So, I worked on the chest some more before I left on a weekend trip. And during the trip thought about the paint scheme..here are some options....
l_2cf26354dee043e0a66861f737f163d5.jpg
option1
l_0c40643fb6d645729ab99deffd1da991.jpg
option 2

thats awesome.
I need to spend more time working with that stuff. Allthough I really like the idea of the 3d layers more than paper. it seems no one makes the layer versions of models.

Where did you get the file? I'd like to try this one :)

Eh, I had a hard time of choosing a project to do, so I was snooping around these forums and saw someone do a Marine Templar. I decided to do it too but the blood raven version, reminiscing on how awesome DOW II was when I used to play it. here is the... link

So, I worked on the chest some more before I left on a weekend trip. And during the trip thought about the paint scheme..here are some options....
l_2cf26354dee043e0a66861f737f163d5.jpg
option1
l_0c40643fb6d645729ab99deffd1da991.jpg
option 2
So you're not doing the Blood Raven color scheme anymore? The first one looks like a mix of Imperial Fists' emblem and the Iron Fists' color. Dunno what the 2nd is.

Eh, I had a hard time of choosing a project to do, so I was snooping around these forums and saw someone do a Marine Templar. I decided to do it too but the blood raven version, reminiscing on how awesome DOW II was when I used to play it. here is the... link
The link is broken but yeah, that's Djinn's file collection. Das Brutus also made a Black Templar suit. I'm digging the World Eaters, though (post-Heresy version, the bunny ears and all ;))

Decided to show you guys my secret connectors for my backpack, hehe. It will contain some things inside on which I shan't disclose. :) I will start building the backpack as soon as I am done with my chest.
l_3506d8cb6d7e41ae9572fa1aafaf135b.jpg
Full Scale
l_413e3afe1e644b61b1c82b1f9d1df986.jpg
The back of the chest will contain openings along with a door for easy hookup with the wires that will lead to the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back