Nooooooo!!!!!!! The red ring of death!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
really man now that sucks, btw bad news people my xbox broke again, it says play DVD and the disc tray doesn't open, i tryied to play yesterday but it didn't work and it worked earlier that day but it didn't a few hours after :( and it froze a lot during the gameplay so my dad said that we are going to get a new xbox so that's good :)

You really aren't having much luck! :p

Well to fix the Red ring problem. (This is for if your warrant is expired) It simply is a over heating issue. If you take apart your xbox all you have to do is take off the cooling fan where the processor is and just add some more thermal paste. The paste they put on likes to burn off really quickly resulting in the Red Ring.

My friend gave me his broken xbox 360 for free after a red ring of death... I repaired it by making it go thermal to resolder the traces and cleaned it out good and its working fine so far... But now I can't justify the new slim model till this one dies. My luck it's gonna run a while.

I think my xbox RRODed today.
My friend came over -> sat on the remote -> I forgot to turn it off -> While upstairs an hour later, I have this feeling of OMGWTF SOMETHING'S WRONG (that's how much of a bond I have with my three year old Xbox 360) -> see the three things -> then I just closed it ASAP. It wasn't even hot to the touch. I'm too scared to open it now, I'll open it tomorrow morning.
But hey, that's my reason to get the new slim.
And plus my brother's buying Black Ops for his PS3 so it doesn't really matter.
Yes, we each have our own gaming console and we're just middle class.

really and that does seem like a lot of a bond with your xbox
@Bullseye, thanks for the advice man, seems like that would help a lot and BTW everyone, i am not getting a new xbox, i played it again this just past weekend and it worked fine except for the tray not opening :(

OK i will try that and sweet your xbox still works, wooo! but i do really want a new xboxBTW if i get honoral i can get anything i want but i have to buy it which also sucks because i only have $4 but hey happy the xbox still works for you (mine is 5 of 6 years old and it is the arcade, got it the first week it came out)

My 360 E74'd on Halloween, as I was loading Glacier on Score Attack. Like, the screen went all green fuzz with the game loading in the background. I was thinking "What the hell?" as I tried to play through, hoping it was the A/V cable being screwy. I realized it wasn't, when the sound was still fine, and it wasn't the game when I went to dashboard. So, I turned my 360 off then on. E74.
My Xbox is now 3 years old.

Luckily, Class-Action lawsuits occurred, regarding this issue. So, my warranty on the E74 error extended until March. Finally got my console shipped off today. Took off my Halo 3 skin for safekeeping. Repair Center's in Mesquite, which is an hour drive away, so it shouldn't be too long before I get her back.

Part of me hopes they can't/don't fix it, so I can get a free Slim. (Repair/Replace; They don't have too many Refurbs anymore) I know a guy who got a Slim and a transfer cable because MS couldn't fix his console, and had to give him something. But, if I do get my console back, I get to keep my sexy skin and faceplate... FOR MY SEXBOX 360!

that's what happened to me also but my screen turned all purple, it was because the xbox was still running and i thought i turned it off but i didn't. Man why did the guy i took my xbox to have to fix it, i could've gottin the slim! DAMN!

my first 360 red ringed in its second year of service and i sent it in and they sent it back in worse condition than i sent it...i broke down and got the elite then 6 months later halo reach console debuts.... i broke in bought the legendary edition and the console..LOL sold my elite for 220$$$

My launch 360 finally got the RRoD about 30 seconds after I popped the Reach disc in for the first time. Needless to say, I now have the Reach 360 (and an extra copy of the game, lol).

my first 360 red ringed in its second year of service and i sent it in and they sent it back in worse condition than i sent it...i broke down and got the elite then 6 months later halo reach console debuts.... i broke in bought the legendary edition and the console..LOL sold my elite for 220$$$

that sucks they gave it back in worse condition and luckly you got the new 360 and @ OptimusWang, that sucks that the xbox RRoD as soon as you put the game in

yes it is hopefully official, my dad saw the new kinect xbox on youtube and he thought that it was so awesome that we might have to get it!!! :D man i am so happy

Damn! i am not getting the new xbox or kinect i am just getting a better but used cheap xbox :( but hey a new and better xbox :)

I got my xbox a year after it came out and in time for Halo 3. In its about 4 years of service, my 360 has had the Red Ring 3 times, and it still has alot a kick in it. :) The same xbox from Halo 3 to Reach, i love it! When my current 360 dies, :( i will get the newer 360.
Just don't try to mod your 360 to fix it, thats what my friend did and it lasted half a year before it broke, did it again and now if it breakes again he can't send it in for repair, fixing it yourself is a bad idea.

oh wow, and oh yah fixing the xbox yourself is a terrible idea, when i took my xbox to get fixed 3 times the third time it finally worked but no it is wors then before, now when i turn it on i always want to play a different game then what is in already and the tray doesn't open by itself when you push the button so i have to pry it open with a knife (which makes me scared that i am going to scratch it) and then i put the game i want to play in the tray and then it doesn't read the disc. so i open the tray and then close it and still doesn't read so i do that several more times and still not working so i take the game out and close the tray and then try to open it back up but nope it doesn't open! it works fine on opening with the disc already in but no disc it doesn't work. (i have to pry it open again) when i try to pry it open that doesn't work and then i have to take the front cover off the xbox and the xbox looks ugly like that, and finally i get it open put the game in and it works. i have to do that every time when i want to play a game now :(

Damn! i am not getting the new xbox or kinect i am just getting a better but used cheap xbox :( but hey a new and better xbox :)
Be thankful you even HAVE a 360... my mom only lets me have the standard Xbox... and I can only play it on school vacations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back