Armor Padding Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred1610

Jr Member
I hope this helps some members that have been asking how to make padding for their stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Tutorial!

What brand of adhesive did you use? And can you name the material you applied?

Great Tutorial!

What brand of adhesive did you use? And can you name the material you applied?

The Adhesive I used was from Hobby Lobby called three trees, I'm sure the stuff 3M makes will work as well as other off brands, the material is 100% Polyester, any material will work but you want something that stretches, its almost like spandex its very thin, lightweight material. I hope this answers your questions.

Yup it does! i already had a little idea of what you were talking about cause i work at the Hobby Lobby here and get the 15% discount XD

Very helpful video! Looks like I need to visit Hobby Lobby. Oh and just so you know........OSU moves to #22!!!

Really great video, thank you for posting that!

I of course do have a few questions for you...

The purpose of adding foam is for looks and comfort, right?

In regards to the adhesive, how long does it take the spray adhesive to dry (before you turn the piece over)?

Also, is there a certain type of foam to stay away from both in regards to the adhesive (I've heard of some adhesives 'melting' foam) and in regards to maintaining its shape?

Lastly...if velcro is being used, I assume that it would be best to cover the back of the foam in fabric as well so that the velcro isn't attaching to the foam, right?

i dont have a hobby lobby within 50 miles from my home... how i did the padding. like this just didnt wrap it(was testing and extra cheap...) we do always have people throwing away couch's... i took the cushions.(for the foam.) and just used a long sharp knife to cut to size to do what u did in the vid.(all was free.)

....... we do always have people throwing away couch's... i took the cushions.(for the foam.) and just used a long sharp knife to cut to size to do what u did in the vid.(all was free.)

......so does your armor smell like cat pee??? LOL jk. Coultnt help myself :)

That's what I did with some of my medium density foam. I used a bread knife to cut it into thinner sheets in areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back