Dragon*con 2011 Aquarium!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Drinker

Jr Member
Hey guys! I went to Dragoncon this year with everyone and had a BLAST, but I did go to the aquarium Saturday night with my "friends." It was really cool. Plenty of good photo ops for everyone, and just neat to see all the marine life. Plus whale sharks guys, come on. So i was thinking maybe that the 405th could go as a group to the aquarium next year in costume? (It's allowed, and they encourage it) It would be a good chance to have a little random fun. But it is Saturday night, which I know is party night for a lot of you, but I definitely want to go again and have more time to peruse the collection. And get some plushies.

Best part, there's a food court!

Picture examples:

a_little_bit_of_home_by_soul_drinker_eowyn-d2ygxa8.jpg

whale_shark_of_doom_by_soul_drinker_eowyn-d2ygxik.jpg

They have 4 whale sharks guys. 4. It was pretty awesome. This year the times were from 7 pm to midnight, so thats plenty of AM partying time. And it's not like we have to stay there the whole time, either.

Please, please remind us when it comes around again next year because I will deffinitly go to the aquarium with you guys in costume

I definitely will. It was kinda sad to go by myself when it was just too cool for words. Im not sure if the whole 405th could fit in the shuttle, but we could try. Either that, or, since we would be a large group, it would be pretty safe to walk back. My roommates thought it was brilliant to walk the 5 blocks or whatever it is up and down hills back. They didn't cosplay all day, or walk in a parade. (They didn't even go to the parade. I was up and with the 405th by 830 and I got back at noon. They were all still asleep)

Also, the Centennial Olympic park is literally across the street from the Aquarium from when Atlanta held the Olympic Games in 1996. (It's the same park where the bomb went off) I didn't get to go this year, but I thought it would be really neat to just go see. I know they still have some statues, and some Olympic Ring fountains in the park. Plus it's rather large and..parkish...Might also be nice for picture? Or just for fun.

You know im in Soul!!
I'll need a tour guide for places like these :p

Seoul Korea?
If so I have a few friends there myself.

Would like Give con a shot this year. Only I'm kinda tick that you bring anything working to those things, nothing but props.
I've got a working 45. cal James Cameron's Pulse Rifle. No I'm posting pics. last time I did that my picture link was followed and that person got my actual address. Then haggled me for weeks to buy my rifle. But I digress.

Any one know where information on this con will be held?

They probably pay a fee in order to swim up to the glass front and look at the funny exhibits in their fancy armour :)

Haha sounds about right, count me in for next year it looked boring from other pictures I saw but after looking at yours that changes my view.

i will go if i can, my armor should bedone by then and i'll be 18 andd can leave the state legally. so yes i will definately go if i am at d*con

Well it might be boring a little bit, but I had fun. If anything. all of us in mass group is usually entertaining. I went with like an hour till closing though, so it might be more lively if we all actually went earlier in the night.

I'll be going again next year. I had a lot of fun with my friends there running around in costume. Hopefully I'll have my hardsuit done in time for Dragoncon.

Every picture I've seen of the aquarium over the last two D*C's have been epic. I have to get out to it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back