405th - Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdMcSmoke

Jr Member
Hi Guys.

I just had the idea for a European 405th Forum or maybe a Germany/Swiss/Austria Forum.
So we could talk about where eachbody got they stuff from.
With that we could do a summary of the cheapest supplies here or something like that.

I dont know if we would make a big enough division, but i like the idea,
so first lets see if someone else response to this.

Thanks and Greetings from Germany
Ed

great to see response in the first minutes, thats nothing i saw before at my posts :p

Im living in the lovely ruhrpott so more close to the netherlands then to belgium.

yeah thats sounds good!

i´m from germany to! from the niederrhein! right netxt to the netherlands!

I'm local, but it sounds like a good idea. Similar forums have set up separate forums based on locale, but if you don't have a large amount of members from the same region, the forum may fail.

I suggest making this thread a roll call type thread to see how many Europeans are active members. You might have to start it up yourself, but there are lots of good free forum sites out there to get it going without spending any money. You might also talk to the Admins about it, there is already a UK section here. If there are enough people, I don't see why they wouldn't add another couple of geography based sections to the forums.

I wish all the best of luck!

You might also talk to the Admins about it, there is already a UK section here. If there are enough people, I don't see why they wouldn't add another couple of geography based sections to the forums.

Yeah that was my idea, a other geography based section on this forum. I dont want to leave at all.
I think it should stay here, because here are "our roots", the 405th is connecting the whole world to help each other making great armor.
But i think a European forum or more localy forum would be great to spread informations about maybe Conventions or Festivals that are not that far away, or for cheapest supplys or things like that.
Im also thinking about language / understanding problems we could eliminate in our own language when someone has a problem.

----------------------------------------

But first we will have to see how many Europeans are out there, so we could get a European or more Local section.

So it would be nice to leave a message, with a small line about where you from.

It would also be nice if you all could leave a message to friends you know from Europe in here who dont discoverd this thread

------------------------------------------

I am from Germany and I consider myself active, but I haven't replied to this thread so far, because I don't think there's any need for a separate board. On the contrary: Creating one will actually bring a few major problems with it and that is the main reason why I don't want to support that move.

The great thing about this community is that it brings people from all over the world together in one common goal: Exchange. Creating a regional sub-forum and allowing the local language will effectively separate you from that international community and have the same effect as creating a completely new forum, regardless of where you think your roots lie. You will form a separate group and thus limit yourself to that group in terms of both audience and knowledge. Besides, you will also need enough moderators adept at that language. And even if all those weren't problems, just have a look at the UK board: There's hardly anything in there, and the few posts that do exist would easily fit into at least one other board.

I'd absolutely support creating a German (or EU-wide) shopping list, because that is something I actually missed when I started here. But the language even of such local information should still be English, so that everybody can read, understand and possibly profit from it.

Germany again has more 405th´s as Austria...well..i think there are only 2 Austrians here....me and someone else, forgot his Nickname.

I am from Germany and I consider myself active, but I haven't replied to this thread so far, because I don't think there's any need for a separate board. On the contrary: Creating one will actually bring a few major problems with it and that is the main reason why I don't want to support that move.

The great thing about this community is that it brings people from all over the world together in one common goal: Exchange. Creating a regional sub-forum and allowing the local language will effectively separate you from that international community and have the same effect as creating a completely new forum, regardless of where you think your roots lie. You will form a separate group and thus limit yourself to that group in terms of both audience and knowledge. Besides, you will also need enough moderators adept at that language. And even if all those weren't problems, just have a look at the UK board: There's hardly anything in there, and the few posts that do exist would easily fit into at least one other board.

I'd absolutely support creating a German (or EU-wide) shopping list, because that is something I actually missed when I started here. But the language even of such local information should still be English, so that everybody can read, understand and possibly profit from it.

Its not like i want release everything now in german, or want the people to make german wip´s.
The problem with exchange is that not everyone speaks perfectly english, and this would make things more easy i guess special for the younger users.
Creating a German shopping list in the other forums seems wrong to me because most of the users wont use it anyways.

Its not like i want release everything now in german, or want the people to make german wip´s.
The problem with exchange is that not everyone speaks perfectly english, and this would make things more easy i guess special for the younger users.
Creating a German shopping list in the other forums seems wrong to me because most of the users wont use it anyways.

You don't need perfect English to communicate. This isn't a literature club, after all ;-)
I think the larger audience is well worth any trouble one might have with the language and since kids start to learn English when they're about 10, I don't see any problem for the younger members neither. I wouldn't let any child below 16 use resin or other chemicals anyways, and by then, most of them speak sufficient English.

Also, posting that shopping list in an international forum can only increase the number of people who use it.

but not anyone can so good english like you!^^

bei ein paar sachen wäre das schon besser wenn man es auf deutsch hätte!

Also, posting that shopping list in an international forum can only increase the number of people who use it.

Why should an american or canadian or i dont know need a german shopping list?^^ Thats why i thought it would be nice to have a german sub forum like the UK here to post it there.

thats the point. not everyone uses english daily here in germany... some might have learn it in school but not everyone needs it at his/her job or something, so it gets lost :p
And some older Germans dont really speak english at all so they understand it really hard....

I see this step more like integration not like separating

Da gibts dann halt auch wieder 2 Seiten, nämlich die Leute, die Englisch so sprechen / schreiben, als wären sie mit 150km/h gegen die Mauer gedonnert und dann gibts wieder welche, die nicht mal ihre eigene Muttersprache Deutsch können, was eh schon ein Beweis ultimativer Unfähigkeit ist, sofern nicht krankheitsbedingt.

Bekomme jedesmal soooo nen Hals, wenn ich ins Halo-Base reinschau und mir die Grammatik sowie Rechtschreibung förmlich die Augen aus dem Schädel brennen...

Uhm, thanks... :)
What exactly would you like to have in German? Sounds more like you're interested in translations of existing content than a German board.

Why should an american or canadian or i dont know need a german shopping list?^^ Thats why i thought it would be nice to have a german sub forum like the UK here to post it there.

Well, in theory, somebody might be on vacation here and decide to bring a few good deals home. I know, strange example. This one works better with the conventions: Somebody on vacation might like to attend one, and never know about it, if you put the info into a German board.

Regarding that shopping list: You don't have to go to the US to find people who don't speak German. Look at the rest of our neighbours besides Austria and Switzerland. They might profit from the tax-free cross-border shopping in the EU.

thats the point. not everyone uses english daily here in germany... some might have learn it in school but not everyone needs it at his/her job or something, so it gets lost :p
And some older Germans dont really speak english at all so they understand it really hard....

I see this step more like integration not like separating

You integrate people who don't speak English, all right. But, as I said, not into the whole of this existing community - only into that proposed German sub-community. The fact is: Somebody who does not speak English at all simply cannot be part of an English-speaking community (unless he's got an interpreter, but interpreting is no function a German board could possibly have).

By the way: Using your English here will keep it fresh and shiny. Daily usage... didn't you just say that helps? :)

Da gibts dann halt auch wieder 2 Seiten, nämlich die Leute, die Englisch so sprechen / schreiben, als wären sie mit 150km/h gegen die Mauer gedonnert und dann gibts wieder welche, die nicht mal ihre eigene Muttersprache Deutsch können, was eh schon ein Beweis ultimativer Unfähigkeit ist, sofern nicht krankheitsbedingt.

Bekomme jedesmal soooo nen Hals, wenn ich ins Halo-Base reinschau und mir die Grammatik sowie Rechtschreibung förmlich die Augen aus dem Schädel brennen...

Ich vermute, du willst damit sagen, dass man Fremdsprachlern mehr Fehler verzeiht... von daher: Jo. Und gerade Englisch-Muttersprachler sind das durchaus auch gewohnt, weil Englisch als Weltsprache für sehr viele Leute eine Fremdsprache ist.

Und irgendwie hab ich das Gefühl, dass der Tread hier absäuft, und zwar schneller als die Titanic.

Ich bin mir sicher dass es in Deutschland genug Leute gibt, es gab auch mal eine eigene Seite für sowas, aber die ist auch nur mehr zur Deko online. Adresse leider nicht mehr bekannt.

jo würd ich aber auch sagen.
Aber wir sollten erstmal iwiw uns austauschen können bevor wir einfach sinnlos was in die wege leiten.
(hab einige von uns in ICQ)
Und ich würd gerna mal was Organisieren.´oder so ähnlich damit sich mal alle die sich hier gemeldet haben mal austauschen können.

thats what i opened the thread for, i dont wanna talk about everything in the background.
It would also be nice if you could talk english here, we dont have a german section yet :p .
That dont means that when we have one we only talk german there, i would like to see if everything is still in english.
So i dont wanna see only german WIP´s , tutorials or something like that. There is a NoobForum for that.
If you dont understand something like a working method, ask and we will explain it in german, so we have it in both languages. So can everyone profit from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back