Rasello's Aerial Assault project (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasello

This is my first pepakura project ever. I've been working on and off for about 2 1/2 weeks now between work and hanging out with friends. Please post constructive criticism and tips. I'm about to start fiberglassing the pep now. post more pics later as i'm rarely able to acess the internet lol. Oh! and besides my introduction post this is my first post ever. So bear with me on ediquette.

[ EDIT: Thanks to SJSUSPARTAN (Helmet Modeller) AceNat ( Model Editor) and Iganderson (who unfolded and fixed the final project!)

so...my thread WOULD be pic heavy...but my pics are on facebook lol. (noobness showing through) any tips on loading pictures without getting that ugly [x]. Also ways to not bog down screen load times maybe with links or something?

Upload them to www.photobucket.com and grab the link with

I've resined it today. post more pics later. Any advice on tips on colors? approaches to how to bets use bondo? multiple layers nwith multiple sands? Just one sand and multiple layers?

sorry, but on some parts it looks a little warped, like the top and tiny bit on the side but other then that it looks good, so good luck with it :)

I agree with the slight warped. Not very noticeable, but something to look into. Other than that looking great!

Thanks guys! I'm really proud of how well this project is turning out so far. After all i barely joined 405th less than a month ago and this is my
first halo project i've ever started. I'm using bondo-glass (which i noticed after I started putting it on)so we'll see how well it smooths down. Although I do like the color it is...maybe that'll be my final color range...

Also I'm not sure about the color as a fact. Should I go green with silver/gold visor? or maybe a bloody/rusty red with a gold visor? Questions? Comments?

Thanks for the support for an up and coming noob lol.

Here's S'more pictures!
Resining...
0923101448.jpg

Don't worry i only wear this t-shirt when i'm working! it's not a daily thing : )
0923101449.jpg

I've rondo-ed the visor and chin since this picture
0925101350.jpg

Front view
0925101351.jpg

Ok so i've officially been VERY distracted with moving and junk like work...BUT! good news is to be had! Since this last post there's been some GREAT progress on my helm. I'll post some pictures hopefully within the next couple'o days. I've since the above ^
1. Realized that I was using Bondo-glass and not Bondo lightweight bodyfiller
2. Sanded most of that green bondo-glass down and noticed it provides a nice structural layer (but sands like a BLAMO!)
3. layered the helm to a fine detail stage. (will soon be adding armor lines ETC in prep for painting)
4. GOT MY VISOR IN THE MAIL!!! looks GREAT! ( Have yet to cut it )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back