Kat Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noble Seven

Gentleman And Ladies, I have been trolling the forums for quite some bit and hoarding information into my knowledge pile, I feel that it is time to begin. I would like to build Kats Armor, I began the process of pepping the helmet, I have my reference pics numbered and color coated (I get confused easy). I cut everything up and now that I am looking at it and I'm not sure if it was scaled right, I might just be paranoid but something seems off, it seems a little small but I don't know for sure until it's all together. So has anyone done the build yet? I am also Looking for any pointers or tips you can personally give from your experiences when it comes to pepakura? Thanks guys. :D

I made her helmet. mine was small too but i just left off the last part of the neck hole and it will be fine wit some trimming. looks like this...

P1030264.jpg

as far as pep goes. Just score your lines and take your time to line things up.

Woo

Thank you so far, I will deffinetly have to get a hold of AceNat. I have a couple questions to throw out there (nurture the noobs), what pep file did you guys use? What did you scale yours at and why is mine blue?:$

Thank you so far, I will deffinetly have to get a hold of AceNat. I have a couple questions to throw out there (nurture the noobs), what pep file did you guys use? What did you scale yours at and why is mine blue?:$

There are a number of different files out there, even multiples for the same armor part in some cases, and everyone has their personal preferences... it all depends on which model you like best... As for why your's is blue, some modelers add a texture to their files so that the 3D model has the finished look to it. If you right click on the model, you can easily change to black and white, or a gray shading.

oooh nooo

imag0650g.jpg

(lol :cool my Nas)

:/ Ok I'm not sure if this hand guard is the right size or is it too small? >.< or is it correct? Either way I'm afraid I won't know if its right to it's complete, I posted with the hope that maybe AceNat would see this and could compare it to her hand guard at this stage. Either way post thoughts please :$

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can't tell from the angle exactly, but it looks to be the right size...

Just shoot her a pm. Trust me, Nat is one super cool chick and I'm sure she would love to help you out. :)

hey hey!
Looking good so far, but i would really reccomend going another 10-20mm bigger on the handplate, maybe 25mm..
The glove that you would be using would add some bulk to your hand so the handplate will look even smaller, try measuring from the side to side of your hand and then taking off 10mm. That should make it a good size, especially when its sitting on top of a glove.
I'm actually going to be re-building mine as i think they are too small :p

Edit:
And lordzoabar is pretty awesome too, he helped me out alot when i started my mk vi build :)

Size looks good! with the glove, should be perfect! :) Although, not sure if it's from the angle and lighting in the pic, but it looks like there might be a little warping on the side closest to your thumb in the bottom pic... if there is, it doesn't look like something un fixable in the bondo-ing stage... just stating what it looks like to me...

looks good, and ya with the glove it should be perfect and ya i don't know either if that is the shading or view or if that is warp but really otherwise it looks good so far

Thanks everybody!! :D It's not warped I'm just kinda dumb I finished the hand guard with out ever creasing the folds to match the other side just enough to allow it to sit flush :(
But oh well :$ Definitely a ton more to go. Now it is time to figure out how to scale that fore arm.

Ahhhh... I know exactly what you mean. I've done that plenty of times when I was just starting out. (still do every now-and-then when not paying attention... lol) As long as you're very careful, it's easy to go back and fix the folds so it right. Trust me, it will be a LOT easier to fix a hand plate than it is to fix a half-finished helm... lol

Wow... just wow... the things people make around here, I wish I could make more myself, but my schedule is filled up with School, Work, Study and playing Reach...:( (btw, that last one is the most important :p)

After looking at another picture of her, it looks to me like the handplate is actually more of a wrist plate and it really is fairly small. Here's what I mean:

HReach_-_B320.png

If she were wearing baseball gloves, the plate would be hooked to the wrist strap and go up about.. half of the hand itself from what I'm looking at, not counting fingers. The first one is still too small but it's almost closer imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back