how do i sacle armor to fit my body

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorn

i guess i should have done more research before downloading wikia files and spending hours of work on armor that was to big for my body how would i go about scaling it is there a sticky plz link it to me all other stuiff i can handle just need to know how to scale it to me so i wont waste anymore time and ink and cardstock

i guess i should have done more research before downloading wikia files and spending hours of work on armor that was to big for my body how would i go about scaling it is there a sticky plz link it to me all other stuiff i can handle just need to know how to scale it to me so i wont waste anymore time and ink and cardstock

Have you even considered looking for it yourself?

yes i wouldnt be asking if i didnt and ive read all the stickies i didnt see anything explaing how you would go about scaling the armor to fit your body type

What I did:
1. Take front and side full body photos of yourself with your arms at a 45 degree angle
2. Crop the photos in a square, typically I use 10x10 in at 150 dpi
3. Import the two images as 'image planes' into whatever modeling program you prefer.
4. Build a very basic dummy using your proportions.
5. Go to an art store and pick up a pair of calipers for proportion measurements.
6. Use the calipers to measure the widest and most narrow areas of your body. (20 or so measurements work)
7. Wright or draw the measurements down for reference.
8. Set your grid size to use a dark grid line every 12 increments, and a lighter color for the lines in between.
9. Use a vertex to vertex distance tool to get the same measurements as the ones you documented.
10. Scale the base 3d model with the distance node until the measurement coincide with the ones you documented.
11. Import or build your armor.
12. Freeze transformations and delete history on the 3d object you are going to build.
13. Export the object as a wavefront .obj file.
14. Import into Pepakura designer.
15. Hit unfold button.
16. Change scale factor to manual and use a factor of 10 (Brings model to exact real world scale)
17. Unfold your model.
18. Print.

Good luck

^that is totally a hard one to do lol... if i do that, id probably stop at step# 3 lol...

there is a tutorial in wiki on how to scale armor to your size...

found it mods can delete this now

I knew you would :)

What I did:
1. Take front and side full body photos of yourself with your arms at a 45 degree angle
2. Crop the photos in a square, typically I use 10x10 in at 150 dpi
3. Import the two images as 'image planes' into whatever modeling program you prefer.
4. Build a very basic dummy using your proportions.
5. Go to an art store and pick up a pair of calipers for proportion measurements.
6. Use the calipers to measure the widest and most narrow areas of your body. (20 or so measurements work)
7. Wright or draw the measurements down for reference.
8. Set your grid size to use a dark grid line every 12 increments, and a lighter color for the lines in between.
9. Use a vertex to vertex distance tool to get the same measurements as the ones you documented.
10. Scale the base 3d model with the distance node until the measurement coincide with the ones you documented.
11. Import or build your armor.
12. Freeze transformations and delete history on the 3d object you are going to build.
13. Export the object as a wavefront .obj file.
14. Import into Pepakura designer.
15. Hit unfold button.
16. Change scale factor to manual and use a factor of 10 (Brings model to exact real world scale)
17. Unfold your model.
18. Print.

Good luck

Uhm...
Was that meant seriously? I mean, it makes sense, but it sounds pretty complicated nevertheless :)

Sure, it's complex. But you only have to build one 3d version of yourself. And all future peps will only take minutes to scale perfectly to your build.

Takes all of the guesswork out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back