Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Charlie is the Xyron Wishblade any good?

Wishblade, Silhouette, and Craft Robo are all made by the same company. The Silhouette and Craft Robo are virtually identically hardware wise, but they come with different software. The software supplied with the Craft Robo is much more expensive, but it's much more feature rich.

However, since you will be using the Pepakura Viewer for Craft Robo anyways, there's no point in getting the more expensive software, therefore, just get the Silhouette.

Source: http://www.paperthreads.com/forum/showthread.php?3092-Wishblade-vs.-Silhouette&p=17387#post17387

Wishblade, Silhouette, and Craft Robo are all made by the same company. The Silhouette and Craft Robo are virtually identically hardware wise, but they come with different software. The software supplied with the Craft Robo is much more expensive, but it's much more feature rich.

However, since you will be using the Pepakura Viewer for Craft Robo anyways, there's no point in getting the more expensive software, therefore, just get the Silhouette.

Source: http://www.paperthreads.com/forum/showthread.php?3092-Wishblade-vs.-Silhouette&p=17387#post17387

yea, what he said

Ok,I just didnt want to waste time if there is a quick fix, guess I should have known better. Im working with some buds to build, resin and paint the whole reach team by June.

Here is the file link:
http://www.4shared.com/get/KxlrpK6_/Reach_Torso_L3X_Carpathiavh99.html

here is the post link:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread/page8

its about half way down, by L3X BLU3R1V3R

thanks for the response.

Wow, those pieces are huge. Without scaling it down, you would have to go in and break up the larger parts into smaller chunks, something I have no idea how to do :(

Wow, those pieces are huge. Without scaling it down, you would have to go in and break up the larger parts into smaller chunks, something I have no idea how to do :(

That sucks. its alot of work. do you think using 11x17 wold work? I have up to 12/19 paper

Do you have to use Pepakura Veiwer for Craft Robo? Cause i really dont want to shell out more money for a program that does the exact same as pep designer except for those little black lines.

Do you have to use Pepakura Veiwer for Craft Robo? Cause i really dont want to shell out more money for a program that does the exact same as pep designer except for those little black lines.

Yup. You must buy both Designer and Viewer for Craft Robo.

Has anyone else gotten the error "Cannot find information about Craft Robo Controller", as far as I can tell everything is installed correctly and the silhouette software will cut. Any idea's on how to fix it would be appreciated, I have the silhouette SD CC330L cutter.

Nevermind, I guess the controller doesn't come on the silhouette install disc.

Just got mine today and i already love it! I had a bit of a problem at first but i think it was either because Im using windows 7 or because its windows 7 64 bit. Anyway i resolved the issue by downloading a new driver. I built a ODST chest piece in 2 hours! Thats including print and cut out time.

Wow, $30 per blade set! They always get you on the consumables - same with toner/ink cartridge for the printers. I'm really not sure now that I've read about the alignment problems. Besides, this years costume is almost done - the Pep part anyway. Maybe I'll get one for my son if he wants another suit next year. I'll continue watching this thread to benefit from your collective experience. Thanks for sharing

PS - just tried roto-casting the helmet with Smooth-on resin - LOVE IT!

Blades are only 12 dollars, you don't need to replace the holder every time.

got mine today, thanks for the tutorial.

but after some consideratio, I think its better to just cut the parts, instead of printing and than cutting, 2 advantages:

you save the Ink
you got more spaces because you dont need any Marks!

Think we are going to get one of these. Plus we have a home business doing parties etc for kids, and being able to on the fly print our own custom t-shirts will be an awesome gimic for the business :) Sadly dont see many of these on ebay right now :(

okay about to pull the trigger on a silouhette sd (however you spell it. lol) but want to be clear on one thing. you have to have a registered version of viewer and designer pepakura for it to work right with the cutter, correct?
I just got into airbrushing and this will be nice stencil maker too I think. :D
i think im confused on how this works still though.
do you print it out first then have the machine cut it?
does it just cut straight from pepakura without using ink?
does it print as well as cut?
all of the above? lol

okay about to pull the trigger on a silouhette sd (however you spell it. lol) but want to be clear on one thing. you have to have a registered version of viewer and designer pepakura for it to work right with the cutter, correct?
I just got into airbrushing and this will be nice stencil maker too I think. :D

Correct. You will need to purchase both Pepakura Designer 3 and Pepakura Viewer for Craft Robo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back