Mark VI WIP Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking really good so far, and the Silhouette machine looks sweet, wish I had the $$$ to dump into one and justify it's use.

your armor is looking awesome man, >.< wish i had money for a machine like that lol keep up the good work

Very nice job bro looks like you have done your reserch and have gotten a very good project underway. I will also be buying a craft cuttter because of this thread so thank you sir. One question you say it scores the folds does it do the vally folds as well??

WEEZY

nice detailing with the clay and btw the photos of the resin stage looked like you went through some warping, was that the case??

wow, nice work. that machine sounds beast! does it score the paper as well? well, in any case, thats slick. good work with the clay and stuff.

To answer the questions above.
Mine cost around $130 shipped.

Yes it scores differently for valley and mountain folds.

No actually there was almost no warping whatsoever in the resin phase. Most of what you see was just some very odd effects played by the light and the camera.

These are all old pictures, the helm is essentially done at this point and much more detailed. Now all we have to do is just order the silicone and plastic to begin molding. Alas finding time to work on it is always a problem :)

And for my 100th post I bring you....updated photos!
IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

thats a sweet helmet, i dont think i would invest in the robocraft i would rather do it as cheaply as possible
To each their own. I've pepped over 1/2 of my suit by hand and frankly at this point I found convenience and time saved worth the price but thats up to you and your own value judgments.

how many pounds of clay do you need?
We purchased two 2lbs bricks of Chavant. However as you can see from the pics there's still quite a bit left over. The rest will be used on other armor pieces for detailing using the same method.

for those that have the cutting machine, what is the difference between the Silhouette craft cutting machine and the SIlhouette SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back