Halo Reach jet pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i haz the pep file and just to warn you its 87 pages and most of u r probably okay with that and thats nothing for u but just warnin you :)

someone should make a tester for the jetpack
If the owner of this file doesn't mind, I could probably do it. May take some time to adjust the model, it won't be hard, but I have no problem with doing it as long as it's okay. :)

EDIT: Okay, I have actually started changing the model so it can be used better as a tester, but I noticed that there are some areas in the model that really do NOT belong and only add to the model when they should not even be there! XD I want to know if it will be okay if I submit a version with the unnescessary pieces?

This is very interesting indeed!!! I haven't seen the on created yet... seems like a lot of pages O_O

I do 3D model tho... I have my bachelor's in game simulation and development. Would someone like to collab with me to get a few versions of this bad boy modeled and pep ready? I intend to make my own armor soon... I can wait to see what HaloGoddess does first with the already existing one first :) It is just an exciting idea haha. :)

This is very interesting indeed!!! I haven't seen the on created yet... seems like a lot of pages O_O

I do 3D model tho... I have my bachelor's in game simulation and development. Would someone like to collab with me to get a few versions of this bad boy modeled and pep ready? I intend to make my own armor soon... I can wait to see what HaloGoddess does first with the already existing one first :) It is just an exciting idea haha. :)

There's already a pep version of the jet pack in the official halo reach pepakura pack thread

Well, the file is already finished and is ready for people to pep it. All I am doing is making a "testers" version so that people can build it for a test fit to make sure that they made it the right size in order to fit over their armor. This just results in me removing parts to give it less pep work and removing all the detailed areas and making it as flat as possible, but keeping it so I don't change much of the dimensions. I am going to make sure I keep the height the same, but I am taking out and removing quite a few areas. So far it's coming along pretty good. :)

Well, the file is already finished and is ready for people to pep it. All I am doing is making a "testers" version so that people can build it for a test fit to make sure that they made it the right size in order to fit over their armor. This just results in me removing parts to give it less pep work and removing all the detailed areas and making it as flat as possible, but keeping it so I don't change much of the dimensions. I am going to make sure I keep the height the same, but I am taking out and removing quite a few areas. So far it's coming along pretty good. :)

Hope you get your tester blessed off on soon and I can't wait to use yours for sizing and it just might provide a better starting place for my alternate pep version.

r u talking about this 1 right here
jetpack.jpg

That looks pretty awesome! How do you attach certain parts that don't have seamless geometry? such as the rectangular shapes and 2 cylindrical detals on the back? Are they made seperately and attached afterwards?

Since xhimpei is the one that made this specific jetpack model, I have asked him, in his thread, if he would be okay with me releasing a tester version of the model. If he does, then I will most likely most the file in HIS thread since it is his file. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back