1st Attempt at Halo Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hello 405th!

After seeing indymoguls video on YouTube about how to make Halo Armor I was pumped. I have made a few props from them before (lightsaber was one of my favorites) and they turned out great. I have never heard of pepakura until I visited 405th. And my hopes and dreams of having halo armor are now possibly a reality.

After reading up on the tuts, and the much debated and hard part of scaling armor I am about to give it a go and hope for the best! Seeing the work done by many of yall has got me excited and I can’t wait to get peping!

I am going to try and put together my armor that I use in Halo Reach.

ODST Helm
Right ODST Shoulder
Left Hyabussa (don’t think that one is in reach but it’s awesome)
Standard Noble 6 Forearms, Thighs, and Shins
Either Hyabussa or Mk VI Chest piece
And of course the knife and a maybe a helmet attachment or two
Want to install magnents (to attatch weapons) as well as a few leds

I want to pep a few weapons too, but haven’t really looked into it, so going to get the armor going first... I mean can't have weapons until you got that right?

Here goes nothing! Will try to post pics as I’m working.

-hunter

Welcome to the 405th!
I also found the 405th from IndyMogul :p
I made a full Noble Six suit so if you have questions about the Reach armour pieces, feel free to message me.
there are tutorials here for LED's and all that good stuff, I got thigh and chestpiece LED's for around $10.
magnets on the otherhand sound really hard. I don't think anyone has done that yet, so I guess you'll be the first :p
and of course, post pictures of your progress.
goodluck!

Hey MikyVengeance does that include others as well because I'm working on a Noble 6 build for myself and I'm having many issues so it would help to have someone as kind of a sensei if you will to go to with questions. lol if not that's okay too.

Ok here are some more pictures of my progress. Finished up with the mark IV hand plate just forgot to take a picture.

th_66027956.png

th_5f07030a.png

th_317f0a03.png

I think I had the reach hand plate backwards in the other picture

Well hello everyone!

Just got done with my 1st attempt at resin! I think it turned out nicely!

Still got to finish the underside of the forearms but I didnt want to set wet resin down on table...

But here are a few updates of pics.

th_IMG_1799.jpg

th_IMG_2021.jpg

th_IMG_2022.jpg

th_IMG_2023.jpg

th_IMG_2025.jpg

th_IMG_2027.jpg

Going to finish resining tomorrow and starting to pep shoulders tonight!

those look pretty darn good, I made a couple of LD weapons my self and the magnets that I used from some old hard drives worked out very very well, got the idea from one of the other members that recently finished his MKVI armor, cant remember his handle right now, but they are pretty strong, decently hard to take apart and I'm a big guy. So good luck on your armor and keep us updated with your progress

Well just finished pepping the noble 6 shoulder base and fits good, but my ODST shoulder piece is too small... So need to make that a bit bigger... I'll put up pics soon... Cameras out of battery

Oh and on the guns... Did you do like half...resin, fiberglass and do the other half and join together? I'm sure theres stuff in forums... Just need to go huntin for it

Excellent progress so far. I see no warping and clean folds. Good to see that your using the red and blue pens to help with the valley and mountains. Keep up this quality of work and I'm sure you'll have an excellent suit.

Can't wait to see more progress pics.

Cheers!

those look pretty darn good, I made a couple of LD weapons my self and the magnets that I used from some old hard drives worked out very very well, got the idea from one of the other members that recently finished his MKVI armor, cant remember his handle right now, but they are pretty strong, decently hard to take apart and I'm a big guy. So good luck on your armor and keep us updated with your progress

Yup hard drive magnets (rare earth magnets) are extreemly strong. I'm using them to hold my front chest piece in. :)

I'm planing on adding magnets for the weapons mounts... just have not had the time to do it yet. :p

Cheers!

Thanks longshot! Love your site and build by the way! Awesome work!

Everyone's armor looks so good it keeps me going... Repeping pieces can be a pain... Lesson learned... Look at reference pics beforehand lol

Well just wanted to fill you guys in! Resined the shoulder piece and my odst attatchment. Fiberglassed one forearm and started on the next but ran out of hardener... Pics soon

You are doing a great job. I have only been doing this for a couple of months now, and before that I knew nothing of Pepakura. This is the place to be. Everyone is friendly and willing to help.

Your models are turning out nice, keep up the good work and keep us posted. :)

Ok here are some pics

th_0c1b68ef.png

th_34a6660b.png

th_8a9d5cd4.png

I tried to just set them up on my arm to get a taste of the awesomeness to come.

Thanks for the comments guys! This is sure the place to be!

First of all props, it looks sweet! Second, Can you give me the link for your Mk VI hand PDO? It looks nice and reliable and I think thats what Im gonna make after the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back