Trip's First Attempt At making Mark VI Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedtrip

Jr Member
Trip's First Attempt At making Mark VI Armor finished

Hello Im Trip, I have been surfing the site for about a week or 2, Trying to get ideas & inspiration. I am really liking how most of the ppl's suits come out.
I Originally Wanted to Make one for Halloween but Thats not gunna happen just not enough free time for that. So maybe I can get it done for the next nerd convention.

Ok i started A few Days ago on my helmet. just cutting & folding takes FOREVERRRR.
Photo0726.jpg

Photo0741.jpg

I went with superglue Rather then hot glue im just to messy with it.
Finished all my glueing yesterday. came out looking alot better then it thought it would.
Photo0747.jpg

Then I Resin'ed the inside. left it to dry & went To see Danial Tosh live (******* funny)

This Morn I resin'ed the out side & is now Drying.
Photo0749.jpg

I think im gunna start working on the body piece.

i just messed around with it hopefully i didnt make it to big. about to start folding.
My helmet is about done just trying to figure out my visor.

nothing wrong with being a nerd lol.
I want to post some more pics but my phone wont let me upload my most recent pics for some reason POS!

Good start on your project.

Yea... if it wasn't for nerds, we would not have halo or the internet. Kudo's to all the nerds out there!

The cutting and folding process IS the longest process of pepakura. All of the other steps are shorter.

Cant wait to see more progress pics!

Cheers!

The cutting and folding process IS the longest process of pepakura. All of the other steps are shorter.
That being said if its becoming that large of a problem for you there's always the option of contracting out that portion of your project to someone who has a robo-cutter.

Photo0756Jg.jpg

the clear visor is only temp until the one i ordered gets here.
Photo0775.jpg

I decided to use Velcro to attach the two halves of the torso
Photo0777.jpg

Fits good, just need to strengthen some areas.

Some updates.
Finished Reinforcing the torso & painted it & the Helmet
Installed my new Visor
Got my Under suit in the Mail
Made both forearms, The first one i made ended up being way to big.
& made one of the bicep/shoulder. now for some pics.
DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0026.jpg

Looking good mate! the helmet looks a little big but maybe that's just me, other than that it's some nice work you've done there. Would like to see some details painted on the armor, but keep it up! ;)

Aww damn. the brim convexed. i hat it when that happens. it seems to do that alot with the mark VI helmets. Either way, yours still looks wicked.

Thanx guys.
After i get everything else made I plan on working on some more details.
If the helmet was any smaller It wouldn't fit, its probably just the way i took the pic.
I tried to get the brim to go down put just wasnt going lol
I guess i should of made that bottom peice a lil longe

My brim was doing the same thing until I put the paper visor in. I didn't remove it until I finished glassing the inside, and it turned out right. I also leave the helmet upside down after I fiberglass the bottom of the brim so it doesn't try to droop.

Very nice work. I agree with xanzx, it does look a bit big, but I'm sure it will balance out once you have the full suit on. Keep up the good work.

havnt updated this latly.
Ive been busy with work, Halloween stuff & GMX (geek media Expo) was this week end.
Ive finished on of my shins. & im working on a thigh.
Hers a pic from Sunday. since my whole suit wasnt finished i decided to just were my helmet.
I went as MR Chief.
DSCN0402.jpg

mmmm coffee.
DSCN0404.jpg

& how can I help u Today?
DSCN0411.jpg

off to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back