Shade0066's Halo: Reach Mk V(B) helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade0066

After a year or so of watching the site I finaly decided to make my own Halo helmet. Keep in mind this is the first time I've attempted Pepakura or anything else in the process, but it is fun to try.

Alright Pepakura stage. This is actualy the 2nd helmet I made. The first shattered because like a noob I tried to make it out of paper and resined it only, so this time I went card stock and made sure I folded every thing.

SAM_0209.jpg

SAM_0210.jpg

SAM_0208.jpg

Fiberglass stage: All fiberglassed and awaiting sanding and bondo....and more sanding.

SAM_0213.jpg

SAM_0212.jpg

Let me know what you think.

No. I can't seem to find a color I like other than black or silver. Im also tryin to decide on a visor color too.

Update:

Started the body work. There is a lot more to it than I thought. Anyway....Pictures of the WIP!

SAM_0223.jpg

SAM_0220.jpg

SAM_0221.jpg

SAM_0222.jpg

Again, feedback is welcome. Thanks for viewing.

Update..Again.

This is the finished paint job. I decided to go with a custom paint scheme and design based on WWII nose art. Im quite proud of it. All thats left to do is get a visor and some padding and it's done.

SAM_0237.jpg

SAM_0236.jpg

SAM_0238.jpg

SAM_0239.jpg

Just seen this, And I must say, I love what you did with the paint job on your helmet. Really unique and badass. :p :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back