Props Tactonyx M7 SMG WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@S1l3nt V1p3r, Spartan-279 & Ventrue
Thanks guys.

@Adam4472
Thank you. It'd be a lot easier if it were pepakura, and the pepakura did what I wanted it to do. Sadly I cannot get the same level of detail with pepakura that I can with using plastic sheets.

Update time.

I havn't gotten much done because I've been sick...again, and again. But I think I'm finally over it.
Heres a group shot of all the stuff I managed to get done here in the last couple of days. I did some more body work on the smg, but I didn't take pictures.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Experimenting with epoxy on cardstock, the results weren't that promising so I wen't ahead and resined the tube that I already had ready and put on the end caps. Still got a lot of glueing and sanding to do before I stick on the smart link scope.
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Here is the shroud for the barrel, I still need to drill a hole for the barrel and install the diamond pattern grip for it. To the right you will see the charging handle, this is the upper portion of the handle, it still needs a lot of work and I still have to make the lower portion.
Da+Guns+004.JPG

Thats all I got for now, but since the DMR is out of the way, progress for this is going to go fast.
Thanks for taking the time to look at this and as always, feel free to comment.

Thanks Tyvern, glad someone's been keeping vigilance on my sub gun.

The smg is done. Feast your eyes on my favorite halo weapon.

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

And if any one is wondering...YOU CAN HK SLAP THIS BABY. Check out its bodacity.

Da+Guns+006.JPG

Da+Guns+007.JPG

I'm waiting for some stuff to dry, so I'll give a full, and very detailed report tommorow night.
Standby...

Man that is some skill! I would love to have an artistic eye to sculpt and carve like that. Very awesome sir!

Every thing looks AWESOME! The only thing I recommend is that you should try out cutting 8mm bbs in half for the larger grip balls and 6mm bbs for the smaller grip balls. And I GUARANTEE! This would be 100% accurate to the game. Right now in my words and opinion it 99% But hay I'm just a noob so who really cares.

freakin unreal. that thing is awesome. have to do a tut on this stuff cause i would have no clue. skills... nothing but skills.

@Ventrue
Thanks

@ACDCrockr209
Thank you. ("Biscuitdoughhandsman! I knew it!") Just kidding, everytime I see or hear the word "Biscuit" I think of that:))

@Patryn
Thanks

@Tyvern
As in best model? I'm sure there are better ones out there. Thanks.

@Hecito08
Thanks. While I was striving to be as accurate as possible, there are things I intentionally left off the design. Actually there is one thing I intentionally left off the design. I did stick bumps on, using the cap off the top of a pen and duplicating it. Not the removable caps, but the ones on the main body of a pen. But I hated the feel of it, so I went with dimples. Much more comfortable to hold:)

@Calladar
Thanks. I was planning on making a tut when I build the shotgun, but that won't be for a while.

All right. Got some more pics for you guys.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Here is the smg completely broken down.

Da+Guns+0011.JPG

The trigger and bolt springs.

Da+Guns+004.JPG

The stock release buttons. Need to change the spring, they are quite stiff.

Da+Guns+011.JPG

The foregrip. To unlock it, pull the (part?) down and rotate grip until it locks. Cool huh?

Da+Guns+005.JPG

The pic is a bit fuzzy, but you can see the grooves on the barrel shroud where the cover or the sound suppressor can be quickly attached.

Da+Guns+008.JPG

You can see the posts that help lock the sound suppressor and barrel cover into place.

Da+Guns+007.JPG

Here's the barrel cover in place. On the bottom of the barrel cover, I put the Misriah logo on it.

Heres the gun in full detail.
Da+Guns+2.JPG

Da+Guns+1.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Da+Guns+5.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Da+Guns+017.JPG

The magazine and feed tray were pretty vague in game, so I took some liberties and gave it more of a real world gun feel. Also note the magazine, especially the feed port.

Thank you for your interest, following my thread and taking the time to look and read my M7 smg post. Any questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

Rude noob quastion, are you going to cast? Thanks, sorry to bother.

NOOB! No, just kidding. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, I just might have Brandon cast it along with the DMR, if he really wants too. I also have another guy wanting to buy the prototype itself. Also there is already a M7 for sale in the classifieds, which makes me think that their is no point in selling mine anyways. I dunno, we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This IS AWESOME!!

Thanks Tyvern, glad you're enjoying it.

Lovely build. Ever though of using the FN P90 mag as a base for your weapons magazine?

@_ghost_
I think I understand your question, but can you please elaborate? (So I don't go off on some unrelated gun tanget) Thanks:)

@Brandon McClain
No Problem.

That's definatly alot of detail, also, is that a replica M7 caseless round?, and does it actually go in the mag?.
Seriously I bet every little button on that gun works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back