Props Tactonyx M7 SMG WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactonyx

Greetings. I am currently working on the M7 SMG that's about 50% finished. Of all the weapons in the Halo universe, this is my personal favorite. My objectives for this model are:
Working trigger
Working charging handle
Working butons to adjust stock
Working latch for foregrip
Removable dust cover
Removable barrel shroud
Removable barrel
Detachable sound suppresor
And a Detachable Magazine
I started off by making a draft that is 1:1 scale. As you can see by the draft, I had a lot of time to think about how it will come together.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

In the draft you can see the foregrip is sitting a little too forward. I corrected this and I have the grip and foregrip sitting here waiting to be sanded.

Below is a Pic of the reflex sight, draft and finished model.

Guns+004.JPG

Also on the draft is the M6 KFA-2 smart scope (model not shown), which is also complete. In another picture I have the reflex sight sitting next to the DMR scope.

Guns+006.JPG

Here is the smg in pre-assembly. The buttstock was made using cardstock. The buffer tube in the finished model will be a large dowel cut down the middle with notchs for the stock to slide.

Guns+002.JPG

Below are the "Beta" foregrip, grip, magazine and the caseless round.

Guns+006.JPG

Below is an image of the partially assembled body and foregrip. The main grip is about to be assembled.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

The last couple of pictures is the gun taped together to make sure everything fits and to show overall progress on the M7

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, questions, comments, critiques are welcomed.

Thanks for posting an amazing weapon build! Makes me want to start my own, but I couldn't build something like that! Just hope that one day you pass the joy of this weapon on and do a run of them! :)

Will it feature a working magazine? If so, how are you going to engineer the shells to rotate?
Once again, this is all looking killer!

Will it feature a working magazine? If so, how are you going to engineer the shells to rotate?
Once again, this is all looking killer!
The smg is caseless so there are no shells silly. :p

Also what is that smexy thing made out of?

@dericw
Thank you. I may make a run if theres a demand for it.

@soul products
Thanks

@S1l3nt V1p3r
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

@Ronster
I'm doing research into the magazine. I'm trying to find a diagram of the gun powered, springless disposable magazine that the LSAT rifle uses. I have some ideas on how it works, but I need a diagram or schematic to make it functional, otherwise the magazine will not be functionable. I figured out a way to feed the rounds from the mag by having a rod push on the top of the round, and depend on the fulcrum of the feed ramp to turn the bullet 90 degrees. I orignally planned to have a three chamber cylinder, where one chamber would be aligned with the barrel while the next chamber would have a extractor rod push any unspent round out of hte chamber. Simply there was no room inside the smg, so I opted for a swing open single chamber block, kinda like a conventional revolver except with only one chamber.

@j3u5a8n
Thanks

@cayoke
Thanks, the model is mostly made of 2mm PVC sintra foamboard, along with some cardstock.

Though I am no firearms expert, I usually refer them to either as "rounds" or "munitions"
Don't have much of an update, been busy all week with the pistol and had a surprise meeting in Salt Lake last night, so things have been a little slow around here. Hopefully the smg will pick up next week.
Thanks for all the support, feel free to comment.

oh that was a close one, I thought you broke my jaw haha :p I'm absolutely amazed at your amount of detail that you put into this build especially with your super BA scope that you have there! So eager to see any progress that you make, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next on your SMG. Good luck to you sir

for the scope are you going to make the red cross? i would suggest using a small piece of acrylic plastic then add the red cross in (painted would be one one way)

@wowhaza
Thanks. Can't wait to get it done. It'll be much easier than the pistol, that's for sure.

@AI Blue Fox
For the reflex sight, I was going to use a acrylic plastic, but use a LED with a hood over it and have it directed at the plastic. should make a fairly good, if not cheap, sight.

any news on updates?

hes probably busy with molds and cast for his m6 series

Right you are got armour. Got the molds done, now I'm passing the work on to my minions, er, minion. Started working on the M7 today, mostly sanding the grip and doing touchups, nothing really photo worthy, also I decided to finish the DMR so I'll be working on both of them at the same time. Unlike the pistol, which was very complex and had a lot of parts, both the DMR and M7 are much simpler in design and won't have nearly as many parts. (I'm guessing that both the DMR and M7 combined will make the equal amount of parts that the pistol has. Yes the pistol is that complex) After I finish the grips, I'm going to start on the magazine, magazine tray and the feed ramp on the M7, stay tuned.

holy crap that is an awesome smg! nice job man keep up the good work and i really can't wait to see more pics :D

holy crap that is an awesome smg! nice job man keep up the good work and i really can't wait to see more pics :D

Thanks Roadkill. Got more pics for ya.

Instead of doing what I said I would be doing, I got stuck doing clerical stuff. After doing paper work and what not, I went into town and got a piece of plumbing and a 1inch (25mm) dowel.
The pipe will serve as the barrel shroud for the smg, a end cap will be molded onto the pipe to allow the attachemnt of the sound suppressor.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

I already had a stock extension tube made, but I decided that there was enough room in the stock to make a longer one. Going away from paper, I used a 1 inch (25mm) Dowel instead. I cut the dowel in half and glued strips of sintra board to the wood, giving it the grooved look. As you guy's can tell, it needs a lot of sanding xP.
I sanded the grip and foregrip like I said, theres nothing new about the grip, but the foregrips is considerably shorter, and now folds un obstructed by the trigger guard.
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Hopefully tommorow I'll actually accomplish something and have pics to show you guys.
Thanks for all the support, questions, comments, critiques welcomed.

well done looking good

wow.. iam kinda speachless atm, awsome! Defenetly going to follow this thread, keep up the amayzing work!!

Thanks guys, your support is greatly appreciated.
Got a little bit of work done on the M7 tonight, the DMR barrel soaked up most of my time. I managed to install the foregrip to the main body and made the front part of the barrel and the barrel shroud. Can't put the shroud in for a test fit yet because the glue is still drying.

Barrel, barrel shroud and forgrip
Da+Guns+003.JPG

After I get back from Salt Lake, I should have pics of it being test fitted into the rest of the M7.
Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back