JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately life has been kind of crazy. My wife and I found out that we are having our first baby, and we have been very busy getting everything ready.

This project kind of got put on hold, but I was able to work on it a little the other day. I am hoping to have the boots finished within the next few weeks.

I can't believe I've only just noticed this thread. I think I'm crying tears of joy, your armor is beautiful!

Lately life has been kind of crazy. My wife and I found out that we are having our first baby, and we have been very busy getting everything ready.

Congratulations!

Thanks for the compliments guys. It inspires me to keep going on this build.

Congratulations sir!

Does this mean a Master Chief baby-onesie thread is forth-coming?

I am sure I will be making a few things for the baby. I just hope to finish mine first.

Congratulations on the baby! Completely understandable then your progress has been put on hold. Still, looking forward to seeing more work done on this. :)

Thanks, Spitfire.

Here is an update from work over the past month or so.

I started to form the top part of the boots:
100_1111.jpg

I also filled the entire sole with foam, so that it is cushioned, but light and inexpensive:
100_1112.jpg

I formed the back of the boots:
100_1155.jpg

100_1156.jpg

Once I had the basic shape I started to Bondo:
100_1171.jpg

I am doing some fine sanding and detail work this week.

Congrats on your first baby, Never seen boots scratch built before, this is really cool, great job on your build so far, can't wait to see the finished suit

Here are the painted boots:
100_1173.jpg

100_1174.jpg

100_1175.jpg

I also took the shoes out of the old boots and painted them black, so that they look new and shiny:

100_1177.jpg

Hopefully I can put them together over the weekend.

^^^ why? Nobody will see it anyways. I just put all my stuff like my wallet, batteries, phone and other crap in my ammo pouches. Good concept tho :)

Awesome work Justinian!!! Now finish it, suit up, and take some pics!!!!!!! :D

you should get some mags (AR and magnum)from leekeegan to put in your ammo pouches.
I plan on making some of my own weapons after I finish this suit.
^^^ why? Nobody will see it anyways. I just put all my stuff like my wallet, batteries, phone and other crap in my ammo pouches. Good concept tho :)

Awesome work Justinian!!! Now finish it, suit up, and take some pics!!!!!!! :D
Actually I was planning on doing both. I have enough room for my phone, keys wallet, and plenty of extra room for mags, grenades or whatever.

I got all of my strapping materials in the other day, so I will be putting it all together soon.
I'm liking this allot.

only the Shins and thighs are left to do?

Shins, thighs, and some sort of undersuit. I really want to make a nice quality one out of leather, but I don't know when I will get the time to do that. I also need to find some sort of templates. I was planning on doing something very similar to the Mark 6 undersuit, but a simplified version, so that it is simple enough to match the rest of the suit.

Well I'l start off with saying this has been one of my favorite build for some time. It's got it all and each piece is of such a high quality. But I have to ask......how hard is it to walk in those boots? They LOOK great.

Well I'l start off with saying this has been one of my favorite build for some time. It's got it all and each piece is of such a high quality. But I have to ask......how hard is it to walk in those boots? They LOOK great.

Thanks thorn. They are actually very comfortable and easy to walk in.

If you take the foam mats and cut them into sections the same size as your feet, and put 6 layers under each foot, you will find that it is very cushioned, and flexible. They are also not very heavy ( about 4 pounds each, a walk in the park compared to my original 8 pound wooden boots)

Here is the final boot:
100_1180.jpg

100_1179.jpg

100_1178.jpg

I started to work on the strapping today. I made the harness from scratch, and so far it works great.

100_1186.jpg

100_1187.jpg

I am also going to finish the chest, so that I can get it on and off easily. I should be able to work on it over the weekend.

Enjoy.

Everything is looking great. I really like how smooth you get all the pieces. Though, wearing individual pieces at a time looks pretty strange! lol The codpiece looks like some kind of space baby-carrier! Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back