JUSTINIAN 117's MARK V BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright... Ive gotta post to this thread. Your armor is nothing short of amazing. The attention to detail is outstanding, the color is spot on perfect, the sheen of the suit is outrageous, and the scale is just right. Your suit deserves the elite status sir. Man that armor takes me back... brings tears to my eyes =(.

Man you are so good at the sanding/smoothing stage, I am jealous. lol. I hope the boot molding process goes as smoothly as possible for you. :)
It just takes time to get it perfect. I also hope the molding goes smooth.

Myrtle Beach huh? Didn't realize there were really any other spartan armor sets in SC.. at all (havn't really been on the site in years though).

You costume is fantastic but to be honest I don't think you have a hope of winning- the CE armor is just too simple looking and people probably will think it's just a less professionally made MKVI despite the fact that the detail is PERFECT. People just don't get it.. I get called a transformer constantly and the last party I switched between a MKVI and a MKV helmet and people only realized the LED's changed color (ones white ones blue).

Anyway- it's not always about winning, and that suit is one of the best I've ever seen.. love it. For anyone who knows halo seeing the original armor actually made is amazing.

By the way, whats that thing on your nose in the second picture? Something to avoid fog?
I think there are a few other SC people here, but not many.
I went hoping to get something out of the contests, but I wasn't really surprised that I didn't win. Most people don't know Halo, I also got called a transformer many times, but I found that I got called Robocop more.
The thing on my nose is a microphone. It was just not set in the right place on that picture.
100_1402.jpg

Alright... Ive gotta post to this thread. Your armor is nothing short of amazing. The attention to detail is outstanding, the color is spot on perfect, the sheen of the suit is outrageous, and the scale is just right. Your suit deserves the elite status sir. Man that armor takes me back... brings tears to my eyes =(.
I am very glad to here that you like it.

I am not sure if I should ask, but are there any other armor making plans after you are finished molding/casting the boots? And if so, will it be related to Reach, Halo in general, or a different genre? :confused

I am not sure if I should ask, but are there any other armor making plans after you are finished molding/casting the boots? And if so, will it be related to Reach, Halo in general, or a different genre? :confused
I have an enormous list of things to make. As soon as I am done with the Chief, I am making Darth Vader. I made him back in 9th grade out of paper mache, and compared to my newer stuff, it looks like crap. After that I will probably end up making some smaller weapons/props from Halo. Don't worry I don't plan on going anywhere. Halo has always been something I love, and I plan to make as many things from it as I can. I do know that I don't want to make anything from Reach. I like the Halo 3 versions of just about everything.

Good to hear, which version of Vader do you plan on making? One of the original movie versions, or the Revenge of the Sith version...

Good to hear, which version of Vader do you plan on making? One of the original movie versions, or the Revenge of the Sith version...

I like the way the ROTJ looks, but I want it to be symmetrical, so that means ROTS. O well, it is only a few slight differences.

Right now I am getting ready for the midnight release for tonight. I didn't get my molding supplies in with enough time to make a mold of the shoes, so I am just going to have to put the old ones back together for tonight, and then later in the week make a mold.

Well that's too bad... But at least you'll have an awesome time tonight, take some pictures for those of us who are unable to make it to a midnight release... :(

Last night was great. About 40-50 people there. Only about 10 of them were there for Halo. A lot of people took pictures with me. At 12:00 they gave me the first game..... for FREE. :D:D:D
100_1446.jpg

100_1448.jpg

My fan died about halfway through it, but I sucked it up and kept going. I was soaked afterwords though.
100_1451.jpg

My friend is editing a video, and he should have it up in the next day or so.

im SOO jealous you got to go. i was caught in a blizzard and couldn't make it for midnight release :(
and that's exactly what happened to the fan in my helmet lol. i was actually thinking making a backup fan just in case that happens again.
Can't wait for the video! Also wanted to say your a huge inspiration, your one of the reasons i kept at armor building, hoping that someday mine will turn out even half as good looking as yours! so legit!!

That's awesome they gave the game to you just for wearing a costume. Pretty cool!:)

After a very busy week and a half I was able to get some work done in between playing the game, Thanksgiving, and having relatives in town.

I started with the first coat of molding silicone.
100_1455.jpg

100_1456.jpg

It went on surprisingly well, and I didn't waste much at all.
Then I mixed up another batch with the thixotropic additive. It was a lot different than I thought it would be, but it worked perfectly.
100_1459.jpg

I only did one coat of the brushable silicone, because I was trying to cut the cost of the actual mold. And unless someone wants another casting of it, this was probably the only time I would use it.

I used some scrap sintra to build a frame so that it would hold it's shape, and it worked out perfectly.
100_1462.jpg

100_1463.jpg

Once I pulled it all apart I saw just how amazing it was all working.
100_1464.jpg

I am working on the first pull right now, and I should have pictures in the next day or so.

Nice!!! What about the bottom of the boot's details? Will those be molded too?
The bottom worked great, so I will keep those the same.

I did my first pull. :D:D:D

It took a while to build up enough layers of rubber to make it feel sturdy, but here is the mold with the rubber in it.
100_1465.jpg

First pull.
100_1466.jpg

It didn't come out as smooth as I had hoped (too many bubbles from mixing). But overall it was a great product. It is pretty hard and tough, but it is still flexible.
100_1467.jpg

I will be doing some filler work to get it smooth tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Thanks guys.
I have put the molded boots on hold for right now, and started to focus on a display stand for the armor.

I cut out the shape of the bottom of the boots, and glued it ot the bottom of the old plastic boots with the right distance between them.
100_1474.jpg

I took some card stock and wrapped it around the base, to seal it off.
100_1472.jpg

I slushed some rondo on the inside and pulled the paper off, and I had the perfect shape for the sole of the boots.
100_1473.jpg

After some touch up work and sanding here they are.
100_1476.jpg

I will post pictures later of the base. Stay tuned for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back