First pep build and it was a doozy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisrunner55

Jr Member
This was my first build and i was smart enough to pick the most detailed odst helmet i could find lol well i took me a long time a lot of long long nights and many hours but i'm quite proud of the end result.

IMG_1334.jpg

when i first finished i took a bunch of pictures and notice the helmet was misshapen so added some supports to fix things til i resin it.

Photoon2010-10-13at23152.jpg

_MG_1364.jpg

my goal is to eventually make whole odst suit with as many bells and whistles as possible but getting this helmet done right is my biggest concern since its such a major part of the armor. hope u guys enjoy the post.

that is what you call dedication right there, If you stop this armor I will... I don't know what I would do lmao :p anyways great job on that helmet.

Many of those fold lines could have been avoided if you had set the "Hide fold lines" to 165-170 Degrees.

But damn, son! That is some hard work! Good job!

heres wut i've gotten done since i finished the helmet. everything seems more enjoyable to put together than that helmet.

Right thigh
_MG_1671.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

back of chest core-resined
_MG_1588.jpg

front
_MG_1583.jpg

Forearms
_MG_1580.jpg

Shoulders
_MG_1579.jpg

_MG_1576.jpg

well thats all for now, i'm almost dont with the other chest components then all i have left is a thigh, 2 shins, and maybe Hugh's insane boots. hope u guys like.

UDPATE ON HELMET
lot of work with bondo to get a nice smooth curvature back to the top of the helmet and it doesn't help that im a bit of a perfectionist, which helped me to realize wut i thought was going to be a long hard build is gunna be even longer and more difficult especially since im still learning. anyways i've only done rough sanding and one of the grooves is a bit off and might need to be redone but we'll see. i've finished all the chest armor and decided to work on the shins since theyre the last more complex peps, ill have pictures up later. the weather is getting a little too cold for resining so i guess it will give me more time to finish up all the pep work and focus a little more on school lol. hope you guys enjoy and constructive critism is welcome. thanks

_MG_2134.jpg

_MG_2125.jpg

_MG_2124.jpg

_MG_2126.jpg

Thanks again everyone, hope all your builds are going well.

Very nice pep work on the helm! It looks a lot more complicated than the model I did and yours turned out excellent. Also lookin good on the bondo work. Keep up the good job.

That was your first pep? Damn man, that looks great. I wouldn't have had that kind of courage, hahah. Looks like you're making quite a bit of progress, great job!

First pep?!?! Lol looks amazing noobs like you inspire me to start and once I get everything I need I'm starting. Keep it up

thanks guys i really appreciate the comments. theres still alot to go and a hughs, the guy who made this model, has put another less complicated yet still detailed model. so ive started that one and dont worry im gunna finish this one. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back