Noble 2 Catherine Armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilla137

Jr Member
Okay so here is my first WIP thread!

I'm planning on being Catherine from Halo Reach for Halloween, so this will be a VERY rushed build!

So far I have the shoulders, hand plates, belt, 1 shin, and the robotic forearm pepped and ready for resining! I'm using ALL of my free time to get this done! If anyone has any tips or questions please let me know!

This is ALL dedicated to AceNat who is SUPER AMAZING! You should all check out her thread! This armor would not be possible without her incredible patience!

Check out here thread here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ander-Catherine-B320-AceNat-s-build-PIC-HEAVY

It's definitely something you wont want to miss!

Pics will be up soon! Please be patient with me!

-Achilla

Good luck! I'm also working on a Noble 2 suit for my girlfriend, and I'm aiming for Halloween too! I found AceNat's thread to be particularly useful, and probably wouldn't have done it if not for her. Keep us updated!

awesome Achilla!

glad I could help out with the files :D good luck with your build!

P.s: Add pics soon or the mods will close this thread ^^

If you girls keep going like this, we'll have an army of Kats soon that completely outnumbers all the other Spartans... :)

If you girls keep going like this, we'll have an army of Kats soon that completely outnumbers all the other Spartans... :)

you know why though..?

because this is probably the first true female spartan character that people like!
and actually differs from the other spartans (armour wise)

It's also the first Halo game that truly recognizes it's female fan base. Having such a strong female lead character in such a male driven genre is so good for us. Also, having our own female armor set and voice over that we can use both in game and online is killer. And don't forget Heart Attack! Now if they can just make an armor effect where we can leave a trail of rainbows and sparkles we'll be set! ;)

Good luck on the build. :)

because this is probably the first true female spartan character that people like!
and actually differs from the other spartans (armour wise)

Uh.. one of those meaning-issues again... I didn't want to say that lots of Kats are a bad thing ;-)

It's also the first Halo game that truly recognizes it's female fan base. Having such a strong female lead character in such a male driven genre is so good for us. Also, having our own female armor set and voice over that we can use both in game and online is killer. And don't forget Heart Attack! Now if they can just make an armor effect where we can leave a trail of rainbows and sparkles we'll be set! ;)

True story. Even though my firefight voice is Cap'n Mal.

Good luck on your build, Achilla!

Update!

Thanks for all your replies!

I haven't slept yet because I worked all through the night to make the left thigh piece. I JUST finished it and unfortunately don't have a pic to post yet, but I'll probably update later today! It's a little snug fitting around my leg, and if I go any bigger the piece will start digging into my butt haha.

Here's the pics as promised!

Handplates:
handplates.jpg

Forearm:
regforearm2.jpg

Shin:
shinnp.jpg

Shoulder pieces pics will be uploaded later, they're currently being worked on =D

The build is lookin' purty good, miss!

Soon, the girls will take over the 405th and make the pink backround permanent.

-Pony

Good luck! It's looking good so far, and I can't wait to see the final product ^_^

The build is lookin' purty good, miss!

Soon, the girls will take over the 405th and make the pink backround permanent.

-Pony

I have no problem with the girls taking over, but I'll have a bit of an issue with the "lightish red" background ;)

UPDATE:

Worked my butt off on it today and now I have the following resin'd:
2 Shoulders
2 Handplates
Regular Forearm
Shin

Pepped:
Thigh
Robotic Arm (needs to be redone)
Belt

Since I'm crunched on time, I MIGHT be using the Master Chief belt since I had it put together already from when I was initially making my Master Chief costume. We'll see if I have time to make the Kat belt.

With the shin piece I bondo'd about 1/3 of it and sanded it down pretty smooth. I have to take a trip to Napa Autoparts to go buy some spot puddy.

Pics should be up tomorrow, my internet is slow (I'm leeching off my neighbors haha) so I can't update my pics, takes WAY too long.

Oh and almost forgot the method that I'm using is as follows:
-Fiberglass resin outside 3 coats
-Bondo outside
-Use spray foam (usually used for insulation)
-Cut away foam to fit snug
-Paint!

For some pieces that might have a chance of being moved or hit, such as the belt, chest, and helmet, I'll slush around some fiberglass resin on the outside.

Next piece to be pepped: THE CHEST! It's going to be a while..STAY TUNED!!

outstanding work. my wife has been beating me on the back of the head to help her with her kat build. and now that she sees another one started on here the beatings have increased. keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more.

Sounds good! Cant wait to see more pics!!

Hope these pics are good :)

outstanding work. my wife has been beating me on the back of the head to help her with her kat build. and now that she sees another one started on here the beatings have increased. keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more.

Aww sorry that she's becoming a husband beater =p thanks for the support! and here are some more pics from today's work

Shoulders: Completely Resin'd
sdc10921v.jpg

Handplates: Completely Resin'd
sdc10922t.jpg

Forearm: Completely Resin'd
sdc10923g.jpg

Shin: Completely Resin'd; 1/3 Bondo'd
sdc10924.jpg

Hope it looks ok so far :)

UPDATE:

Okay so I have been working a LOT on my armor but I feel as if I'm not getting anywhere. I only have one shin bondo'd. I have the handplates, shoulders, left forearm, and belt resin'd. The helmet is about 90% put together. I doubt I'll be able to finish it in time and I am SUPER bummed out about it =( It's kinda got me NOT wanting to dress up for halloween, THAT'S how disappointed I am...

I will however be continueing the build, even though I will have absolutely NOTHING to wear it to here on Guam since they don't have events like comic-con and the like.

Pics should be up within a few days.

-Achilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back