Hot Clay + Hot Glue = Fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jico

Hello 405th:) I finaly got my clay in yesterday:D I had a finished odst pep laying around that i thought would be good to use. I used hot glue to put it toghether.

img0416lh.jpg

img0417y.jpg

Today I melted the clay and poured it into the helmet. It came to my discovery that all the hot glue was heated up and slipped away, allowing the clay to open up the helmet:

img0419o.jpg

img0420xb.jpg

This tread is to warn other people who think about useing clay in their helmets. Do not use hot glue!

So now I have to make a new helmet with another glue:(

I agree with sonic, dude I don't know why but I feel inside that it was my fault and I just want to cry for you lol. Anyways do not lose hope and just keep pressing forward. You can do this, I believe in you. ^^

Thanks guys:) I will be building a more low def pep this time so that if I fail, I didn't waste so much time:p Im thinking about makeing the mark 5 helmet and then sculpt it into the reach verson;)

I'm sorry about this but when I first saw this I ROFL-ed, sorry...

That SUCKS man! Hope everything works out for you with your next helmet!

OUCH! I can't imagine the amount of profanity that must have filled that kitchen when you realized what happened.

A great man once said "Mistakes are the only things you can truly call your own."

Thanks Jico. You enter the breach so that we don't have to.

Only use hot glue if you are sure it wont be reheated. sunlight CANNOT melt hot glue, but something like hot clay can. I only use hot glue because I use more hot glue instead of resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back