Visor Instalation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoKeth

Jr Member
Alright, I am working on my second first suit. Its coming along nicely, but I am curious on how to install the visor. I really have no clue what to use or how to cu the visor to fit. Can anyone help me with this? I've searched the forums, Google, and youtube and can't find anything. Everything says "Then install your visor" but not how to do it.

Basically you will have to try to fit it into place, and trim it little by little untill it fits where you want it to, do those steps over and over on the visor, and then trim out the helmet. If you have a polycarbonate lense, then you might be able to trim it with shears, or heavy duty siscors. The helmet should be cut away with a dremel.

Alright, I am working on my second first suit. Its coming along nicely, but I am curious on how to install the visor. I really have no clue what to use or how to cu the visor to fit. Can anyone help me with this? I've searched the forums, Google, and youtube and can't find anything. Everything says "Then install your visor" but not how to do it.

What alot of people have told me is use carriage bolts. There small and flat so if you just drill a hole in your visor and your helmet so the holes match then paint the head of the bolt it will blend in an hold your visor in place. Hope that helps, When I get my visor here in the next few days I will see how it goes for me and post pics.

Here's how I did it:
Cover visor with masking tape. Then hold visor in place inside of helmet. Take a sharpie and trace the shape of the opening on to the masking tape to use as a cutting guide. Next, take the visor out and add maybe 1/2-1" of buffer to the line you drew so you have a place to put glue on the visor. Cut the visor with a standard dremel cutting wheel. When you have your shape cut, I again placed the visor in place on the helmet and put alignment marks on the masking tape so I would know its lined up. Then put some hot glue on the visor, slap it in place, and when its cool/dry, cut away the excess hot glue with a razor, pill the tape off, and that's it. Add some epoxy glue if you want some extra strength. Hope this helps/makes sense....

^^ what Matth said but...

Sometimes the hot glue wont hold too well... so what you do is pop the visor in where it needs to go, add some clay on the OUTSIDE to hold it in, use window caulk to secure it and TADA you are done, but if you want it REALLY secure, mask off the inside of the visor with painters tape, make some rondo or smooth-cast and pour it in and as it is still slightly wet but not yet dry pull off the tape and then the thing will NEVER come out.

Post one in this thread really helps explain!!
^click

Yeah, I just used the hot glue to give it a temporary hold cause the visor didn't fit too well in the rundown mark 5 (halo ce) helmet so I used it to hold it temporarily and used epoxy glue and silicone to hold it. Never thought of the rondo idea. Might try hat on the next project!

Thanks for all your help. When I male mine I will record the installation process and see if I cant get it put on a sticky. Took me weeks to find this info.

Is there anyway to get those lines he has on the mark VI armor visor.

Yeah, there's a tutorial somewhere around here. The think is called a dual layer visor. Basically its a visor with a hole on top of a visor without a hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back