Holy son of an unggoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay...that is the coolest thing I have seen today...well for a while. I want one!!!! Wonder if I can sell my 16 yr old...hmmmmm :confused

that was pretty cool, and i kinda get where going at with this thinking that you could put this in a helmet or something right? but pretty sweet man

Im gonna buy a pair when they come out, I will love to see where im going with my ATV lol

And guys, if you are going to buy a 500 dollars pair of glasses, think about it before buying. If you are going to use it for armor, please just go buy some other stuff that will be useful.

Im gonna buy a pair when they come out, I will love to see where im going with my ATV lol

And guys, if you are going to buy a 500 dollars pair of glasses, think about it before buying. If you are going to use it for armor, please just go buy some other stuff that will be useful.

well put alex :p

you can make the equivelant of 4 suits for the amount of money thease things cost, not to mention, mounting thease pair of goggles in a costumeing helmate is way out of the question :p but still they are preaty sweet, and i wouldnt mind having a pair myself when they come out :D

//Jeremy

So a while back I got to try a prototype of these goggles for a field test survey.

Here's my original post:

So I was walking to my tutor's house when this guy came up to me and asked if I could give him some feed back on a new product his company was testing. Being interested in all things new I agreed, he proceeded by saying that the product was a new kind of ski goggle with a heads up display. I could barely conceal my excitement as I told him that I had read something about this on the internet. As I put them on he then asked me how comfortable the goggles were (they fit very well), once he had written my comments down on his clipboard he pressed a button on the side and I saw a small image appear in my lower field of vision, when I looked straight at it my eyes were not strained at all, and the picture was very crisp and clear. The image itself was not directly projected on the goggles, it came from a small lens in a long thin white box at the bottom of the mask. The whole unit was very light weight and held together well, the HUD unit looked like it could be removed However I think it would be hard to mount it in something other then the goggles.

All in all I found the HUD looked and felt good, it was easy to quickly glance down and read the display while not getting distracted. The picture was crisp and the info easily readable, the best part being all colors were visible and any the picture wasn't really distorted by light. A surprising amount of information was put onto that screen without it looking crowded, (I know this was a functioning prototype because the internal clock was running the whole time).

I can see this technology being used for many many applications, halo armor being one of them (If someone can figure out a good way to mod the device for our purposes) with great reluctance I gave the goggles back to the surveyor and went on with my day normally, save my huge excitement!

This is great technology. It would be really cool to put one inside a helmet but the price wouldnt justify it. it wouldn't really serve a purpuse because the helmets are just props.

The site seems to be down. Is there a way to build your own UI's for these? I wouldn't mind grabbing something like this for work if I could design custom apps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back