Mark VI HELMET FIRST ATTEMPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynehead

Jr Member
hey guys this is my first thread and my very first attempt at anything like this and gatta say this is so FN fun just to see it all come togeather like it is but here are some pics of my progress so far just alittle more bondo to go then some primer and paint then i think i will start to try and build some armor to go with it as well please leave any criticizum(lol my spelling sucks) thanks for cheaking this out!!

sry about the pics not being there couldent get them up dont have a website for you to link to i am working on that but i have some on my blogs so please look at them there sry again for being a compleat waste of your time>>

I use photobucket for my pictures, all you have to do after you upload them is copy the

Not bad at all. :) You pepping looks nice and the start on you body filler is looking good. Keep up the good work and just remember to take your time and sand sand sand.

BTW (If you hold your mouse cursor over your photobucket images, there will be a little window pop up and you will see a line with IMG on it. Click on that and it should say copied. Then just past in your post.) hope this helps.

you aint kidding on the sanding but its fun to me to watch it form this is a really fun hobby i found and am just as happy i found this site in the process just gives me motivation and ideas for the future of all this. I have also started a hayabusa helmet as well, i was off on my scale just a bit but my daughter will benifit from that lol she loves this too but ima put that on hold and start on my armor next. Thanks for the compliment too

Looking good! Will you be able to carve the detail lines before painting this? And what are you planning on using for the breathing tubes?

yes i should be able to do all the detail work but i am curently working on the rest of the armor right now wanna get it all peped in and resined bedor i go further and i might start a new hemet just because that was my first piece and would like to perfect my craft befor all is said and done

Ok so i got back to the helmet this past weekend and almost gave up like i said this is my first project like this on any level so i got alittle overwhelmed because i am also doing the MARK VI armor as well. So here is the helmet drum roll..............lol ok so i know that i didnt do any of the detail lines but thats only because i will be makeing a different helmet to go with this armor but wanted to see what i could do as far as painting and overall skill at this so again please leave me any comments it really dose help...

WEEZY
DSCF2007.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

o ya and i am having some trouble with finding a visor so if anyone could send me in the right direction that would be helpfull thanks again

DSCF2007.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

also if any one would give me some tips on what kind of liner to use on the inside of the helmet or if its better to make your own?

I went to walmart and bought some one inch foam padding, but if you want you can find a cheap bmx, paintball, or motorcycle helmet and rip the adding out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back