Props Tactonyx M392 DMR

What should Tactonyx's next project be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Cujo

I have to go to a Christmas party here in a few minutes, so I won't have time to load up all the pics I got. But when I get back I'll be sure to get detailed pics showing off the DMR.
Completed DMR, enjoy!

Da+Guns+007.JPG

Standby for more pics...

Da+Guns+007.JPG

Glad you like it, Ocelot. I won't be painting the DMR until after it has been molded, casted and the whole works. Lucky me I have found a very reputable individual willing to duplicate my DMR. Hang tight, probably won't see any action until after the Holiday's.

As I promised, here are the pics.

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Pic of a .308 (7.62x51mm Nato) next to the mag.

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Mag release

Da+Guns+006.JPG

Safety

Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Scargut The Gutless from Deviant Art holding the DMR.

Da+Guns+011.JPG

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Hey look, I forgot the screws.

Da+Guns+014.JPG

That thing above the ejection port is there to pick your nose. Well, that's where my nostrils end up sometimes...

Da+Guns+015.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Da+Guns+006.JPG

Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+009.JPG

Da+Guns+011.JPG

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Da+Guns+013.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

Da+Guns+015.JPG

Sorry, double post. Last pics of the DMR

Da+Guns+016.JPG

Da+Guns+017.JPG

Da+Guns+018.JPG

Da+Guns+021.JPG

Da+Guns+022.JPG

Da+Guns+023.JPG

Da+Guns+024.JPG

The DMR lost it's balance with a scope, used this instead.

To answer a question before it's asked, all the lines you see on the surface passed the shadow test. Meaning that they are sanded so smooth, that when I put a light to it, the lines dissappear and one can see the actual finished surface. Unfortunately the camera enhances the lines so they are more noticeable.

Thank you for going through my thread and looking at my DMR. Any questions, critiques or comments are always welcomed. Also don't forget to vote, the Poll will close on Dec 31st, 11:59PM Mountain time (US & Canada)

Da+Guns+016.JPG

Da+Guns+017.JPG

Da+Guns+018.JPG

Da+Guns+021.JPG

Da+Guns+022.JPG

Da+Guns+023.JPG

Da+Guns+024.JPG

@Lemon Pledge
Thanks, now that it's fully assembled an sitting on my desk, it does look spectacular.

@odst_95
The gun is mostly made from PVC sintra sheets

Is this sintra or styrene? I think you said sintra...but what is the difference exactly? Thanks! It looks magnificent, btw...!

@S1l3nt V1p3r
Thanks, glad you like it.

@Ronster
Thank you, the material is PVC sintra sheets. I think the difference is that Sintra is a different type of plastic, and it's foam based.

Nice, are you gonna leave the original unpainted?, as it looks awesum as a display piece. but mouldin it would be awesum, and a great thing to sell.

@WVISION
Thanks, glad you like it.
@Bloodl3tt3r
Thank you.
@Spartan-279
Thanks, yes the mag release does work, it just likes to stick sometimes. It is a ambidexterous button that has a "gate", the pressure from the button moves an angled peice backwards and release the mag. The button usually comes unstuck when the mag is slammed in. More or less, works like a mag release found on a pistol.
@Night Stalker 072
Don't blame ya there. Love the turret just as much as the splaser. But in the end I voted for the laser (It will be a Reach Laser) I fell in love with the turret when I first saw it on the E3 halo 2 Demo, and the GL version push's it over the top.
@Toacrabman
It's going to be molded / casted first, but I do plan on painting it afterwards.

Edit: Update!

Happy new years, and welcome back.
The poll is now closed and it looks like the Halo 2 shotty is the winner. I have the draft mostly done for it and the project will get underway as soon as I catch up and complete my other two projects.
In other news, I shipped off the DMR to be casted, so here in a few short weeks you can probably expect to see it in the classifieds.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread and stay tuned for more updates on the DMR cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back