Warps SPESS MAREENS build (soon to be really pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

warp

hello world. i am warp, just joined the site last night but i'm not new to what you guys do. for the last year i've been watching many threads here. in time for d-tac ( a local December convention) i have decided to take on the daunting task of making myself a full suit of power armor. i'm not new to cosplay and have made a suit before (anime north 2009), but this will kick the old suit into the compactor.

so before i begin a quick time line

sept 9th - decided to go through with the build
sept 10th - printed off pepfiles for a shoulder pad onto normal printer paper
sept 11th - 13th - cut out paper, glued to bristle board and cut out bristle board
sept 15th - assembly

oct 22nd - bought a pack of 65lb paper
oct 24th - 25th - assembled chest piece and used old crap shoulder pad as stress reliever

ok so here are the pics of the chest build. hope you enjoy the progress so far

mk 1 shoulder pad

chest piece starting out

its... its... a vest?

that's better

chest peped

another angle

its funny. last night while building i couldn't help but look back at it every once in a while and just feeling a sense of awe. anyways, here is a picture with me in the chest armor. its also very strange. i was really worried about the strength of the chest piece (couldn't hold any shape) until i was almost done the build. my skills have increased considerably since the mk 1 shoulder pad. i plan to fiberglass and bondo the whole suit as i have already been hired to do a hobby store promotion.

rockin' the armor (80% done at this point)

i hope to hear from you guys and get your input. also, i regret to inform everyone that i can not really source where i got all my pep files from. as i got these over a year ago and they have just sat on a cd.

thanks man, im going to go with a dark mute grey probably with some black and bleached bone (gw color). im still trying to come up with a chapter symbol. i might use something based on the aperture science symbol.

while this armor is going to be post heresy (for the most part) i plan to have alot of post heresy elements involved. and no, not space wolves. this is going to be almost black. and no they are not Templars. they are a chapter i came up with for my gw marines, warp ghosts.

on a different note i hope to start the backpack or shoulders tonight after my D&D meet. (thats right, i play D&D ^_^)

*face palm* ... theres... theres a warp ghost chapter? FFFFUUUUUUUUge. well then.. that was a waste of 3 years collecting a "unique custom made" SM chapter.. lol oh well ^_^

*face palm* ... theres... theres a warp ghost chapter?
I'm afraid so. Here's what a Warp Ghost space marine looks like:

File:Deathmongersmini.jpg
File:Deathmongersmini.jpg
Warp_Ghosts_Armor.png
Warp_Ghosts_Badge.png

And here's a kicker: it's a renegade chapter, now sworn to the Chaos god Nurgle. Still looks cool, though.

Warp_Ghosts_Armor.png

Warp_Ghosts_Badge.png

lol thats totally reversed to what mine is. my chapter is exiled and thought to be chaos but are really not. hmmm, plot twist. my army is the ones who missed the meeting about going renegade ^_^ they were on vacation.

thanks for the info though man, and i appreciate the picture. helps me identify and utilize this for some new fluff ^_^

hey guys, quick update. before i left for class today, i scaled and printed out the backpack. so im lookin for a visual update by tomorrow. also, i got a quick question for anyone who wants to help. how do you go about fiber glassing the inside of the backpack if its closed up?

sadly, there is no real way to fiber flass the inside..... best way you could to it would to put little holes in, and slush cast with rondo... but this will make it heavy..

slush

sadly, there is no real way to fiber flass the inside..... best way you could to it would to put little holes in, and slush cast with rondo... but this will make it heavy..

damn, really? would making it in parts work you think? like make the backpack in 3 parts then FG and then do final assembly?

Update # 2

god damn i hate hot glue when you get it on your self. it really is a terrible thing. on one hand you have scalding glue, but if you use our other hand to wipe it off then you have your other hand covered in glue, its a loose loose situation. lol anyways as promised, update.

i started on the backpack... god damn it. the back pack i am using for this build is from this forum (i know for sure). its from the guy who did the space wolves. now i dont know if thats his file, so whever. anywho. the pep file (imo) is messed, they put the numbers (for half the pack) on the interior of the model. found a way around this. the pack is perfectly semetrical. so im just building it inversed basicly. if this doesnt make sence to you.. well then, im not alone ^_^. so without further delay here is what i spent last night doing.

... it begins

shaping up

first vent done

bottoms up!

scratch built supports

FOOKING PORTS

where i left off

so, as i build the power plant (backpack) i have a haunting feeling that this will be to small. normally i would curse at this and make a new one. but if my acquisitions are correct and it proves to be to small, it will serve me as a really kick ass backpack.

update # 3 (2 in a row)

oh hai guys! ok so here two days in a row... SPY CHECK!!! oh.. wrong game. i ment UPDATE!!!! ok so last night i worked real hard and got real far on the power plant (SM backpack) im not sure if its a bit small, but i would sure appreciate your opinions so far. so heres what i got so far

vent supports coming along

time for me to vent (turbo pun)

quickly tacked on for scale comparison

dunno... i think it looks ok. (still has more height to add on)

well there we go people. my third update. i plan to finish the pack on Monday (im out all weekend)

In His Name, SPACE MARINES... ATTACK!!!!!!!!

Actually the scale doesn't looks half that bad.

What i'm afraid of is that the whole armour will actually become to heavy to wear.
That's why i stuck to scout armour instead.

That and my pride and joy being my Ultramarine 10th company ^^;

Actually the scale doesn't looks half that bad.

What i'm afraid of is that the whole armour will actually become to heavy to wear.
That's why i stuck to scout armour instead.

That and my pride and joy being my Ultramarine 10th company ^^;

actually man, for me weight is not an issue. i do alot of hiking, milsim airsofting and worked for a whole sale store, im used to heavy loads ^_^ lol. i did look into the weight factor seriously though. using various sources, i have determined that as long as i keep most of the weight centered i should have no problem.

UPDATE #3.5 (no pics)

well tday has been shot to hell, im not goin out. what a shame. least i can finish the backpack tday. next will be the "power pants" (cod piece). i really feel that this is coming along to easily. i find music really helps the time pass as you cut and glue ^_^.

well till mondays picture update

cheers
warp

update #4

ok, so last night i finally got done the power pack (backpack). as if that wasn't enough i still had some time before the walking dead premier. my next segment of the armor to work on, will be the arms. they are only 15 pages for the whole arm, so i will most likely finish both by the end of tnight, giving (hopefully) another picture update tomorrow. before you tell me that the vents on the top of the back pack are not filled in or the exhaust ports are not aligned, i know this already. the vents are going to receive special treatment for lights and the exhaust ports will be cut (after resin) and re aligned.

PICTOR TIME!!!!

buying materials downtown toronto, you see cool things

making the final push

were half way up the bracket, the rain soaks through my jacket

in soviet Russia armor dawns you

size matters

wtfbbqsauce

b-e-a-utiful... ON TO THE ARMS!!!

against all odds, i found a place to resin all off this. so i am actually hoping to have the whole suit done and re-enforced in two weeks... then on to the hard part... bondo, paint and detailing... it will be worth it.

^ thanks man. real glad to hear all the positive comments ive been getting. from these pics, you see anything i should change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back