Life Size Spartan build = Jorge -052

Status
Not open for further replies.

M071

I have been drifting around this website for a little while collecting the files I needed and reading up the various construction techniques used for halo armor. Now that were getting into the winter months I’m going to have some time to dedicate for this project. This is my first attempt at armor building. My son wanted me to be Jorge and I had no choice but to pick for our first build. Because in his logic when finished and all armored up I will stand in at 7’3”/223.5 cm a life sized Spartan. I’ve finished a few pieces and I am looking forward to any help or advice that the veterans have for me and possibly some things I’ve developed for my construction company I might be able to incorporate into my build. Here’s what I have completed so far
Forearm by Ruze789
Jorgebuild013.jpg

Jorgebuild011.jpg

Shin by Rhinoc
Need to lengthen them by 5 inches
Jorgebuild002-1.jpg

Jorgebuild003-1.jpg

Toe piece by Ace-nat
Jorgebuild007-1.jpg

Back Pack by Funny Cool Man
I learned a lot about the unfolding process lol
Also the top piece looks a little crooked but it’s just sitting on their slanted
Jorgebuild007.jpg

Jorgebuild008.jpg

I know these photos are low definition but my high definition camera is down right now. I will get high definition photos up there as soon as possible.

Jorgebuild013.jpg

Jorgebuild011.jpg

Jorgebuild002-1.jpg

Jorgebuild003-1.jpg

Jorgebuild007-1.jpg

Jorgebuild007.jpg

Jorgebuild008.jpg

that is pretty freaking sweet man and yes sadlly the winter is almost here :( but nice job so far :)
P.S it is FollyCoolyMan :p

This my friend, is gona be awsome. My next project is gona be the prototype suit from halo legends, hoping to go full scale on that one. How will you be doing this, stilts? I was thinking of thinking of using stilits for the legs and making some kind of prosthetic arm, if you can call it, prettry much a arm extension. Or are you that tall?, its a serious question. It will be tougher for me because im kinda short 5,6.

that is pretty freaking sweet man and yes sadlly the winter is almost here :( but nice job so far :)
P.S it is FollyCoolyMan :p

I’m off to a bad start..... The first piece of advice I got from a veteran was getting people’s names right lol thanks for pointing that out I would hate to keep using his name wrong and looking like a big idiot.:$
Correction Backpack by FollyCoolMan
Re-Unfolded by Me

Thanks Road Kill :)

This my friend, is gona be awsome. My next project is gona be the prototype suit from halo legends, hoping to go full scale on that one. How will you be doing this, stilts? I was thinking of thinking of using stilits for the legs and making some kind of prosthetic arm, if you can call it, prettry much a arm extension. Or are you that tall?, its a serious question. It will be tougher for me because im kinda short 5,6.

Everyone around me is calling my build “the prototype“. Prototype suit from Halo legends that’s my second favorite episode. How big was the prototype suit I haven’t seen any specs on it ? To answer your question I’m not 7’3” I stand in at 6’7”. Using Jorge’s scale and averaging the thickness of helmets on the market today also accounting for his helmet ad on, it added 3 inches in change. If you have any idea on what the functioning purpose of the add-on was ??? please Let me know !! The rest of the height comes from load bearing exoskeleton I developed a few years back. I’m dusting off the forgotten project and hoping to incorporate in to my build. Due to the nature of the design and its capabilities the actuators ,springs and shock absorbers just ended up adding 4 to 8 inches in height . I’ll be happy to share all the balancing issues I overcame, unfortunately I won‘t be able to share any of the load bearing technology I developed. I’ll be happy to help you design a similar system so your suit ends up full scale build to. I’ll find some pictures of the prototype suit and I’ll see if I can come up with anything to help you.

Exo-LBS disclaimer it does not give you superhuman strength or amplify much of anything. It simply increases the stride and simplest analogy to describe it is 120 pound backpack has the equivalent weight of 20 pounds to the person wearing it .

Wow, very interesting. Personaly i haven't seen any specs on the Prototype suit either, i'm guessing about 7 feet, its elite sized, 7'5 at the highest. As for my prototype suit, it's in the design process, but help would be apreciated to figure out a exoskeleton. I have started planing to leg protion. At the moment im trying to get my jorge suit done for halloween and i will make some of the other missing pieces, like the pack and chaingun to have it complete by December to have it fully prepared for next halloween, and have the Prototype suit planned out to start January or Febuary. I want my Prototype suit to be ready for a possible trip to Dragon Con in 2012, halloween 2012 :)

Life size spartan? You must be naturally tall in real life then. ^_^ I have two friends that'll be "life size spartans" as you put it once they finish their own armor, since they stand 6'6'' and 6'7'' without shoes. I feel so short next to them. I'd probably feel tinier compared to you. o_o;;

Good luck with your Jorge costume! Jorge is awesometastic.

Wow, very interesting. Personaly i haven't seen any specs on the Prototype suit either, i'm guessing about 7 feet, its elite sized, 7'5 at the highest. As for my prototype suit, it's in the design process, but help would be apreciated to figure out a exoskeleton. I have started planing to leg protion. At the moment im trying to get my jorge suit done for halloween and i will make some of the other missing pieces, like the pack and chaingun to have it complete by December to have it fully prepared for next halloween, and have the Prototype suit planned out to start January or Febuary. I want my Prototype suit to be ready for a possible trip to Dragon Con in 2012, halloween 2012 :)

That’s about the height range I was guessing and kicking some ideas around, it wouldn’t be hard for you to get an extra 12 inches of height without sacrificing too much balance and can do something similar with your left arm/hand . If I remember correctly the prototype suit had a chain gun on the right arm ? My company is starting to get into the slow months November through February apparently not many people want homes built in the dead of winter lol I will have posted and shown some of my design and corporations with my suit by January. I love colossal construction projects so I’ll be happy to help in whatever way I can with your build

Life size spartan? You must be naturally tall in real life then. ^_^ I have two friends that'll be "life size spartans" as you put it once they finish their own armor, since they stand 6'6'' and 6'7'' without shoes. I feel so short next to them. I'd probably feel tinier compared to you. o_o;;

Good luck with your Jorge costume! Jorge is awesometastic.

Yes I am naturally tall in real-life and I never try to make people feel tinier standing next to me lol So you have two other friends that will be joining the ranks among the life size Spartan builds . I’m just curious who they picked ??
awesometastic Thanks for the new word . I will be sure to us it Tomorrow

Oh god... 7'3".... Well, don't stand next to me then once we have our suits because I'm all of 5'1". I would end up looking like your 7 year old daughter. ^__^

Yes I am naturally tall in real-life and I never try to make people feel tinier standing next to me lol So you have two other friends that will be joining the ranks among the life size Spartan builds . I’m just curious who they picked ??
awesometastic Thanks for the new word . I will be sure to us it Tomorrow

My friends "Anicken" and "TheRick46" here on the 405th are the ones I'm talking about. Anicken is still debating on his armor, I have yet to see his progress but I'm assuming it's Reach Mark V variant. TheRick46 is doing Jorge-type armor but with his own twist and colors. ^_^
lol. if you like that, there's also "Hyperfanhilating," where you're fanning yourself from excited arm and hand spasms due to extreme fandom.

That’s about the height range I was guessing and kicking some ideas around, it wouldn’t be hard for you to get an extra 12 inches of height without sacrificing too much balance and can do something similar with your left arm/hand . If I remember correctly the prototype suit had a chain gun on the right arm ? My company is starting to get into the slow months November through February apparently not many people want homes built in the dead of winter lol I will have posted and shown some of my design and corporations with my suit by January. I love colossal construction projects so I’ll be happy to help in whatever way I can with your build

Dude you're huge! im all of about 6 ft... problem for me im 145 pounds so i dont exactly fill out the armor... Lots of extra padding!
anyways cant wait for updates.

im watchin you...... you know in a thread follower kinda way XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back