MY FULL JORGE SUIT!!! WIP (will be pic heavy)

Battle damaged or pristine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Armour that looks like this embarrasses me. That paint job makes your armour look so convincingly metallic, that you don't have to even do any armour or bondo work. Great work man. I knew you wouldn't disappoint based on your security build though.

Armour that looks like this embarrasses me. That paint job makes your armour look so convincingly metallic, that you don't have to even do any armour or bondo work. Great work man. I knew you wouldn't disappoint based on your security build though.

It doesn't embarrass, just inspires(hopefully). We are all on here just to share and help. And believe me, I did PLEEEEENTY of bondo work. Bondo work-a-plenty if you wil. The stuff really is wonderful....sometimes.

jizzed.gif

'Nuff said.

jizzed.gif

okay, so I'm convinces you used slip-space tech to find Jorges body, and steal his armor. and you are making builds to cover it up.

jizzed.gif

'Nuff said.

Haha, yes. Thats awesome.

okay, so I'm convinces you used slip-space tech to find Jorges body, and steal his armor. and you are making builds to cover it up.

Damn, you're good. You're onto me.

Seconded. Also, how do you paint so damn well!?

I use the vasoline method. I have been painting for years now, so I imagine that helps a bit.

You do use an electric sander correct?

Electric sander, sanding sponges, files, chisels, carving tools, scouring pads. :D

Here is a small update of the right shoulder. I haven't been able to do a ton as it has been rains like crazy and slinging tornados all over the place.
RShoulder1.jpg

Here is after some sanding.
RShoulder2.jpg

RShoulder3.jpg

These are the foam inserts I made. I din't want to me with resin and what not for those pieces.
RShoulder4.jpg

Here is it al together. Almost ready for paint.
RShoulder5.jpg

jizzed.gif

RShoulder1.jpg

RShoulder2.jpg

RShoulder3.jpg

RShoulder4.jpg

RShoulder5.jpg

i think i am confident enough to say that this could possibly be the best set of Jorge armour i have seen so far, hell, maybey even best set of armour so far! the detail is astonosing, and the paint job is amazing. keep up the excelent work.

What this thread is telling me I should just give up now because I will never be able to make a suit this amazing...

j/k. but seriously, you've set the bar really high.

In reflection on the feelings you've inflicted on me, I've learned a valuable lesson today: I just need to stick at what I'm doing and do it for me, not seeking approval from others. You've changed me. It's really beautiful. I think we need to hug.

Your armor is absolutely amazing. The paint and weathering are first class all the way.

I just want to say it was worth going through all the pages to look at your work, it's really beautiful and epic.
I can't wait to see it done.

Time for some more pictures! YAYYY!
Ok so here is the chest with the foam inserts. They're two piece and are attached with magnets.
Armpit1.jpg

Chest15-2.jpg

Chest16-2.jpg

Chest17-2.jpg

Chest18-1.jpg

Chest19-1.jpg

Chest20-1.jpg

Here is the right shoulder. The marks you see in the first pic are from me deciding to extend the two side "slabs". I was going to let them slide but couldn't do it. I had to make it more accurate.
RShoulder6.jpg

It was finally ready for paint. I forgot to take pics of the top silver bit. But here's how I did it as it wasn't there before. I just glued some cardboard to the tp, fiberglassed it. Then added two more layer of cardboard to get weightless build-up. Resin'ed those then just bondo'ed it. You can see where I extended the two side parts. I will make that little bit that goes in the middle separate and glue it in.
RShoulder7.jpg

RShoulder8.jpg

RShoulder9.jpg

So that's it for now. I think I'm going to start the biceps next. Yippeee!!!

Armpit1.jpg

Chest15-2.jpg

Chest16-2.jpg

Chest17-2.jpg

Chest18-1.jpg

Chest19-1.jpg

Chest20-1.jpg

RShoulder6.jpg

RShoulder7.jpg

RShoulder8.jpg

RShoulder9.jpg

Amazing. I just can't get over how well done the paint job is. You're very talented at that, since it has a very convincing look that's it's metal. Keep up the great work, very much looking forward to seeing this finished and worn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back